Would you pay $9.50 for a gallon or Royal Purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy it and then when I come down to california next month I will take some gallons off your hands if you regret it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Bambam
Haters gonna hate !!

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
Why such hate for Royal Purple ?

Please quote one post in this thread that reflects "hate".

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Bambam
Haters gonna hate !!

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
Why such hate for Royal Purple ?

Please quote one post in this thread that reflects "hate".

Exactly what I thought. World's most overused word, you see used in threads with some other brands as well when perfectly legitimate facts are mentioned.

The only conclusion one can come to is that they must be pretty threatened to respond that way.

Exactly what I thought. World's most overused word, you see used in threads with some other brands as well when perfectly legitimate facts are mentioned.

The only conclusion one can come to is that they must be pretty threatened to respond that way.

I get sick of people responding to posts just to say x, y or z is junk and ignore the original posters question.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have a chance to buy the 15w40 RP diesel oil in gallon jugs for $9.50/ea. I know many here don't care for RP. Should I or not?

Its a no briainer. API CJ4/SN synthetic oil for $9.50 a gallon. Product name means nothing to me, even if it was Walmarts Supertech and it came in a 15/40 synthetic. I would still say buy it.

Its a certified CJ4/SN Synthetic oil.
So yes, you should if that is what you need.
This is what I based my answer on, CLICK

Last edited:
Maybe step down off your high horse for a second and realize that the "hate" mentioned is not referring to this thread but to a mentality on BITOG in general. Like Amsoil, Royal Purple has been decided (with little to no facts) to be not worth the money and much too expensive.

OP I'd buy it at that price without a second thought.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
Maybe step down off your high horse for a second and realize that the "hate" mentioned is not referring to this thread but to a mentality on BITOG in general. Like Amsoil, Royal Purple has been decided (with little to no facts) to be not worth the money and much too expensive.

OK so what are the facts that make Royal Purple worth the extra $15 for 5 quarts at Walmart vs. Mobil 1? Why should I pick up that jug rather than the other one? Would I have gotten better longevity out of my engines than I have using Mobil 1?

I made no statements for or against anything. What i am against is how people can be so sure a product "isn't worth it" when they've never used it, and have no actual reasoning behind what they say.

Nope...and here is my "reasoning"....after riding with my buddy while towing his toyhauler, we started hearing a LOT of gear howl coming form the rearend. He had just put RP in both diffs the week before. Anyways, long story short, what came out of the rear diff was akin to black water with purple/grey chunks. The diff overheated. After a drain and refill of a different 75w-140 oil, it was fine the rest of the trip. So no, I wouldn't put it in my lawnmower for free. JMO

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beanoil
No. Now if they gave me 9.50 and a gallon of oil, I'd consider that.

I showed no hate, made no comments about RP, and replied directly to the OP about his question.

My opinion is mine, I have a right to it, and if you consider that hate, maybe someone needs a step back and a different look.

There are a bunch of folks jumping on the hate wagon lately, it's the word de'joure in media, news, chat boards and kitchen tables everywhere. Most cases where it's being used is inaccurate, because that word means a specific thing. Because someone tries to redefine it for their agenda or purpose doesn't change it or it's accepted definition.

The OP will do what he wants or needs and what works for him, regardless of a comment on a chat board. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one, some are cute, some stink, some are full of lint.
And RP will probably be just fine for what he wants. Mobil, Redline, Castrol, Valvoline would too.

It's just yet another price point issue - I'm using RP marine for two reasons:
1) met the OEM specs - 2) cheaper than Yamaha oil

They are no amateur act - first time I heard of them was in an industrial application and performed well ...
Again - for me just too much when full price - and the most popular brands are solid performers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back