Wix WL10068 vs 57148

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question that I am hoping someone in the know can answer. This filter will be used on a 35 hp kohler engine CV940. Wix calls for the WL10068... is there any reason that the 57148 could not or should not be used to get the better filtration assuming the slight difference in size is not an issue on this engine? They both have an 8 psi bypass and anti drain back.

Thanks!
Tom

I've never had an engine complain about having a larger filter.

Use whatever fits & is affordable - these engine have a low oil flow rate (about or less than a gallon per minute) and even the smallest filters aren't any restriction at all.

There's no need to change it every oil change, either.

Linctex,

Thanks for the reply! Was just concerned about going to the finer filtration with the glass media. This engine runs with about 20 psi and according to Kohler has a high flow gyrator oil pump that I'm sure would not exceed the 7-9 gpm flow rate of the larger filter. There is no flow rate listed for the WL10068.

I made the mistake of calling wix... no help there... they will only recommend what is listed and will not offer any addition information than what is listed on their web page about the listed filter other than "thread size dictates the flow rate" so... based on that... both filters have the same flow rate? You would think that the media used would effect flow rate too!

Guess I could do a uoa with the listed filter vs the larger filter with the finer filtering capacity!

Thanks again,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back