Great day at air show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG
wink.gif

Went to the "wings over Pittsburgh" airshow with stepdad who's a American Airlines(former US AIRWAYS) pilot and his oldest son and good friend who is instructor at Jet Blue

F-35 fighter is very nice, but they flew just the F-22 which was equally cool

And here is the P-3 ORION that stepdad and his friend flew out of California navy base. Being a ex US NAVY man, I love this plane. Out of picture is a P-8 "poseidon" aircraft that's 2months old

And of course, the THUNDERBIRDS!!
wink.gif
. They put on a awesome display which is why I go to lots of air shows. Enjoy
smile.gif

Excellent! Love seeing these planes. Got to see the Blue Angels last year with my pops as VIPs. Super fun day!

FWIW: Go Navy! My youngest is in his third week at RTC and doing well.

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
Excellent! Love seeing these planes. Got to see the Blue Angels last year with my pops as VIPs. Super fun day!

As I and my stepfather always say about difference between NAVY and Air Force: "it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"
smile.gif
. GO NAVY

LOVE going to air shows. We try and hit up the Blue Angels homecoming show every year, and living in Pensacola (home of the Blues) it would be crazy not too!

Love the thread. We are eagerly awaiting the Paine Field (Everret, WA) Aviation Day next weekend.

Could not agree more. My Harvard diploma is in a closet or attic somewhere, but my Navy commissioning certificate is framed and hanging in a prominent place.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Love the thread. We are eagerly awaiting the Paine Field (Everret, WA) Aviation Day next weekend.

Could not agree more. My Harvard diploma is in a closet or attic somewhere, but my Navy commissioning certificate is framed and hanging in a prominent place.

Yeah, I don't regret going US NAVY
smile.gif
34.gif
08.gif
10.gif

Served with VP-19 and the P-3C when I was in the NAVY, still miss it.
Blue Angels fly a better show than the Birds, Birds fly loose formation compared to the Blues wingtip to canopy formation.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Served with VP-19 and the P-3C when I was in the NAVY, still miss it.
Blue Angels fly a better show than the Birds, Birds fly loose formation compared to the Blues wingtip to canopy formation.
thumbsup2.gif

Good to hear sir:). Thank You from one vet to another also
34.gif
10.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

This is the P-8 "Poseidon" which basically is airliner talk for 737

Stepbrother and stepbrother in one pic
smile.gif

Nice pictures. I have two Navy buddies who were on submarines with me, they went officer. Now one flies P-3s the other P-8s.
The P-8 is the P-3's replacement.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Nice pictures. I have two Navy buddies who were on submarines with me, they went officer. Now one flies P-3s the other P-8s.
The P-8 is the P-3's replacement.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Mike, you're absolutely correct; P-8 basically is airliner stripped down. I love the P-3 and f-14, 2 best airplanes in my book
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back