Firestone's Firehawk Indy500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Bought a fresh take off set of Enkei Honda Civic Touring (OEM) rims and these tires mounted and balanced $1,250.00 after everything, hoping to get 2 seasons 14 months 42k..never tracked but know right where to take them when the deer aren't moving.

So the e.bay seller cancels my order and refunds the money, said he didn't have the rims? left him neg feedback, looks like the price will be going up cause I won't buy knock-offs... maybe reman if the guy will send some actual pics...geez

...did the reman's $680 delivered and they look good, half price of new, now in for easy mount & balance w/stems, said easy cause there's no take offs or rims on the car..got 4 quotes: $160, $100, $68 and $60 the lowest would take maybe a 20min. drive so did the $68 local..hope all goes well and they balance up..

215/50/17 is stock and I ordered 225/50/17, on a calculator it's just a small fraction .40" greater diameter but these tires look big, not at all what you'd expect on a economy car...so have to add fit to the balance risk too.

Last edited:
All worked out with the remaned rims, balanced and larger 225/50/17 size fit..now the trip back to town tomorrow..sleet predicted in the morning..not good, still winter here I guess.

bumped inflation from 29 to 34 now that it's above freezing...definitely performance tires, quick...I can run them 15k 6-7 months here.

running at 32lbs. now really enjoyable, with the slight bump in tire size the fuel mileage took a hit but not bad sill getting +40 at 78 mph...handles great though I'm pretty easy..no drifting anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back