Firestone Firehawk AS V2

I ran over a nail and it chewed a hole in the sidewall in the rear driver tire. The current tire was Michelin MXM4 235/40R19 from when I bought the car. A year ago that tire was $225 but now almost $300/tire. Yikes. The rear tires had 5/32 so I was planning to replace next spring anyway. If it was a month later, I would have just swapped my winter tires and rims on. Anyway to the point of this thread, the local tire shop had the new Firehawk AS V2 installed with roadside warranty for $211 a tire, next was the RT45 for $225. I didn’t have the luxury this time to search around for deals and plan for it, just needed the car back. I really liked the look of the Firehawk V2 so I had 2 installed on the rear and will replace the other two in the spring. These tires were just released a week ago. They were made in Mexico.
1910D3A1-EF04-4A4F-95CD-CF7C98BC1684.jpeg
2C64776F-BEF3-4640-B6E9-07965813E7B8.jpeg

First impression is that they’re more quiet than the Michelins. Can’t tell much since they’re on the rear but will keep everyone updated.

I saw those at Costco’s website - I was debating those or Michelin PSAS4s, I erred on the side of caution and gotten the proven Michelins.

Those Firehawks look promising though.

Volk06 - I'm interested in these tires. How are they working out for you? TIA
So far pretty good. They do have more grip that the Michelin MXM4 that they replaced, just a touch more noise. They don't have as nice as a rim protector as the Michelins but shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't have an issue with hitting curbs. No issues in wet weather

I took them off 2 weeks ago and put on my winter tires, so I can't speak to winter traction.

@volk06 I'm responding to this old thread because I just bought a set of these online from Costco for my 535d. I get them installed next week. I wanted to ask you how well they held up over this past summer, and anything else of note that you might want to share about them. Thanks.

Priority Tire
I'm not seeing these tires on TireRack.
look on Priority Tire.com. They carry some tires the Tire Rack doesn’t. Priority Tire has some gray market tires. I don’t think the fire stones are gray market tires, but I have seen gray Mark Goodyear tires on prioritytire.com.

@volk06 I'm responding to this old thread because I just bought a set of these online from Costco for my 535d. I get them installed next week. I wanted to ask you how well they held up over this past summer, and anything else of note that you might want to share about them. Thanks.
They've been great, not really any issues I can think of.

They've been great, not really any issues I can think of.
Great to hear. I'm looking forward to getting them installed on my BMW next week. The Continentals that were on the car when I bought it in September are worn out. I would have bought the Continentals again if Costco sold them but they don't. What few reviews I could find on the Firestones were positive so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. If for whatever reason they happen to not be good, I think Costco has a 30 day money back policy on tires. Fingers crossed.

Back