Wal-Mart ValuePower car batteries ($49)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TurboFiat124
I double checked my battery voltage on my 2CV and is in fact 12.9 volts!

The other day I checked it at exactly 12 volts. What's going on with this battery?

Surface charge.
Turn the headlights on for about 3 minutes, turn them off, then check it.

Most of the USA based action is on Facebook. Citroens of Cascadia, SF Region Citron Club, Citroen Rendezvous.

Are you familiar with the big meet in Saratoga Spring in June?

Originally Posted By: TurboFiat124
Originally Posted By: Ben Boyle
I have a 2CV and a Dyane. You need a 26R size battery. I actually have a ValuePower in the Dyane currently without issue.

That's great! Your the first person I've talked to in the US with a 2CV or Dyane. Are here any US based forums? I'm on two, one in the UK and one in Australia.

Yesterday I was going to connect a trickle charger to my 2CV and decided to check the battery voltage first. I had not driven it in over a week and to my surprise it measured 12.9 volts! One day I measured it at 12.0 volts. That's why I thought it was bad. So I don't know what's going on. Unless my meter is defective. I need to confirm this with another meter.

The only battery I have ever seen that read higher than 12.6 volts fully charged was those yellow batteries Wal-mart sold. Dad had one on his truck that measured 13.2 volts fully charged. I wonder if these have an extra cell in them?

Incidentally those "yellow" batteries that Wal-Mart used to sell were the best batteries. I had one on my Fiat Spider and it lasted 12 years! I can't remember who makes them. I'm wanting to say "maxx" or something.

Here's my 2CV:

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/turbofiat/library/Citroen 2CV?sort=2&page=1

Everstart-MAXX was the yellow one...I have one in my Caddy. Nine years old, it still cranks over my giant engine. I will be replacing it soon...it failed a load test last fall, and only holds about an 80% charge now. I do plan to replace it with a Value Power.

No. I used to goto the Import and Kit car event in Carlisle PA in May and there were tons of French cars there. I haven't been in about 10 years. It always rained and was cold that weekend so I got tired of freezing my butt off. But I'd like to go back one of these days.

I'll be in Carlisle in a couple weeks. i've melted and worse there in the weather. I recommend trying to hit Saratoga. The biggest Citroen meet on this continent!

I am currently rebuilding my 2CV engine. Just replaced the pushrod tubes!

Got any photos of the show?

I bit the bullet and bought one of those cheap $50 Wal-Mart batteries for my 2CV. I can't remember the model but it fits like a glove.

I know this is something your supposed to do and most people over look this maintenance item but I top off my car batteries with distilled water once a year and keep trickle chargers connected to the batteries if the car sits for more than a week.

By doing this seems to extend the life past the warranty.

I just can't seem to keep batteries on my lawnmowers. Maybe due to all the bouncing around on my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back