American Eagle,,$180/1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Targetsportsusa.com. Had to fill out 2 rebates for total of 50 bucks. Great deal for sure.
o tax/shipping....just $3.32 shipping insurance. Always 3 days from order to arrival.

Not a bad deal, but it seems kind of counterproductive for me to order Federal ammo from a place in CT when the stuff is made right here in my hometown. I drive past the plant every day and know a couple people who work there. Wish they had some type of factory store where you could just buy right from the source.

Targetsportsusa is on my "they screwed me" list. After giving them a lot of business (probably over 15,000 rounds bought), they screwed me not once, but twice. Both orders (in a day apart)they lowered price of ammo in ads before they shipped my orders I had in process and refused to honor lower price. When I told them that I was done, they told me to "eff off".

What rebates did you use? I see one on their site listed for $2 off per box ($20 off 10 boxes), bringing the price down from $220 to $200.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Not a bad deal, but it seems kind of counterproductive for me to order Federal ammo from a place in CT when the stuff is made right here in my hometown. I drive past the plant every day and know a couple people who work there. Wish they had some type of factory store where you could just buy right from the source.

It doesn't work how you think it works. Dealers across the country, at certain times, pay different amounts for the same ammo. The price of components go up and down, plus large dealers have larger buying power so they may pay a few pennies less per round less than smaller dealers. If you buy ammo in state, you are paying sales tax on it. So while you would prefer to buy it "at the factory down the road", if they do sell it to the public, they are likely going to charge full retail price for the ammo, plus tax. So you can get the same ammo from a dealer in Texas, or you can spend $50 more and buy it local. Which would you prefer? I'd rather save $50, for the same ammo.

Nevermind! I see the rebates now. I was on my phone when I posted before.
smile.gif

For everyone else, you have to buy (10) 100rd boxes at $22.90ea, then apply the $40 MIR through Federal and another $10 MIR (I think you'll get a free t-shirt too).

MIRs:
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/images/rebate/rebate_660.pdf?t=96FJLV
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/images/rebate/rebate_1008.pdf?t=B8FR3G

Originally Posted By: c502cid
Targetsportsusa is on my "they screwed me" list.

They screwed me over too. I ordered VERY hard to find ammo, that they had "in stock". I've been looking for this exact ammo for a year or more, and it hasn't been in stock anywhere. Their website showed it in stock. I ordered some. 2 weeks later, no ammo. I emailed them and they said that they emailed me telling me that the ammo boxes were water damaged and they cancelled the order. I received no such communication from them. They advised that they were expecting a new shipment in 30 days and I would be given the opportunity to buy it at their cost, before it was offered for sale to the general public, for my inconvenience. Great. Awesome.

A month later, I check their website and see that they received their shipment and the ammo has been placed in stock. They never notified me it was in stock, and never let me order it "at cost" before posting it the website, as they promised. Annoyed, I ordered some. I finally got my ammo, but they refused to refund the difference I paid over the "at cost" price I was promised.

I dont really care for companies that make promises that they have no intention of keeping.

These guys have been really great to work with: www.sgammo.com

Excellent prices, fast shipping, good tracking. You'll find some excellent deals on 9mm from them. No gimmicks. I've bought over 10,000 rounds from them with zero issues.

A case of 1,000 Speer Gold Dot 230gr .45 ACP just showed up this afternoon, in fact...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
These guys have been really great to work with: www.sgammo.com

Excellent prices, fast shipping, good tracking. You'll find some excellent deals on 9mm from them. No gimmicks. I've bought over 10,000 rounds from them with zero issues.

A case of 1,000 Speer Gold Dot 230gr .45 ACP just showed up this afternoon, in fact...

I second this, SGammo has been great to deal with. There are many good ammo sellers out there, targetsportsusa just isnt one of them.

Just start loading your own ammo - way cheaper and you can tune loads to your needs/liking.
It took me about 6 months to save on my own reloads to cover all tools' costs I needed for it.
Progressive loader lets me load 400rds per hour without case or bullet feeder.
Since then I save on average $800 a year on ammo, or about 50%.
The main 2 reasons I started loading were - tuning ammo to the gun; and be able to shoot 2x as much on same budget.

You make some good points dubber - but I just don't have the time/space to get into it right now. My garage is filled with woodworking tools, and I can't spare the room. At $200/1,000 rounds for good quality 9mm, it won't save me much.

BUT at $40/20 rounds of 45-70 - you bet! And I can tailor the loads to my old Springfield. So, I've been saving the brass in 45-70.

So, it's very definitely in my future. And I plan to go "All in" with the progressive.

Which one do you have? How do you like it?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
You make some good points dubber - but I just don't have the time/space to get into it right now. My garage is filled with woodworking tools, and I can't spare the room. At $200/1,000 rounds for good quality 9mm, it won't save me much.

BUT at $40/20 rounds of 45-70 - you bet! And I can tailor the loads to my old Springfield. So, I've been saving the brass in 45-70.

So, it's very definitely in my future. And I plan to go "All in" with the progressive.

Which one do you have? How do you like it?

I got Hornady LNL-AP for the last 9 years and loaded about 80K rounds on it since new.
Hornady has very good warranty, as good as Dillon and I used it a few times where in a couple cases it was either my fault part broke or simply wore out and they had no issues with that and would send new part free of any charges. Even parts that had no lifetime warranty.
The press is currently bolted to a board and I clamp in to kitchen counter when loading since I'm redoing garage - floor, storage, work bench. This setup allows me to have no work bench for now.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Mail-in rebates?...... no thanks!

Took me 10 whole minutes to fill them out and address the envelope. 50 bucks for 10 min??? Oh ya.
BTW I have ordered many thousands of rounds from targetsportsusa. Always get my ammo within 3 days. Not saying I won't ever have a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back