Craftsman 30" snowblower with mouse infestation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fired up my expensive 2 year old Craftsman 30" snowblower for the first time this year. It started smoking profusely and the idle was fluctuating bad..

I found what was smoking.

Maybe it was payback for this..

Did one of the critters get into the intake somehow? Assume there's no air filter. It was running great when I put it away. now the idle is up and down with a nasty snapping backfire..

I had an older Craftsman model that had the same infestation inside the lower housing where the belts and clutch plate are. It cleaned up well, but all I can suggest is to keep looking thru yours and get all the bits and pieces out and then hope it runs better, good luck.

That all looks far to familar..... same place on mine as well. Mine ran fine but thankfully I inspected the thing before ever firing it up and avoided a possible melt down. If I recall there is some springs and or levers related to the governor nearby that can be effected by all that mouse house. I had to be careful removing all that [censored] as not to damage anything.

Clean it out and then try it. Hopefully those SOB's did not chew on anything vital.

Whelp.. I guess if there's any positives, atleast this wasn't on a V-twin or horizontally opposed twin. Getting the tin work and shrouding off of some of those is a bloody knuckle horrible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back