Silicone Wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the PIAA on 3 cars. Love them. Bought on Amazon. Kinda like buying LED light bulbs. Would never buy incandescent or CFL again.

About $22 each on Amazon, work great. Mine are about 3 years old. I wipe the blade clean when I wash the car and clean the windshield and they work like new again.

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
I have the PIAA on 3 cars. Love them. Bought on Amazon. Kinda like buying LED light bulbs. Would never buy incandescent or CFL again.

About $22 each on Amazon, work great. Mine are about 3 years old. I wipe the blade clean when I wash the car and clean the windshield and they work like new again.

+1

well I'll have to keep these PIAA silicone blades in mind - just last week I replaces all the wipers for the 3 vehicles and ordered/received a stash (Amazon) and now have 3 sets for each vehicle stashed away. Bosch Micro-edge & edge+ & EOMs rear for one of 2 SUVs.
Oh well, maybe next time when I order blades.

I went to AZ a few days ago to get some antifreeze for the wife's Lexus RX330. The trash barrel in front on AZ was overfilled with used wipers & wiper packages - Calif. finally getting some rain does it.

I've been buying silicone wiper inserts on eBay that ship from Thailand. They cost me about $6-7 per pair and they come in both 6 mm and 8 mm widths in varying lengths and can be cut to fit. They've been working well for me for over a year, but my car is in a parking garage by day and my garage at night. I have three pairs staged to go on my GF's and my son's car at some point. Those vehicles are parked outside so that'll eventually be the real test. Silicone wipers don't work well for all vehicle/wiper arm/blade frame/windshield angle combinations. Strange, but true. You have to try them. If they work well for you, they WILL last longer than natural rubber.

I wonder if they would hold up to ice and salt any better than rubber. I notice a lot of chipping on my edges before the rubber looses flexibility.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I wonder if they would hold up to ice and salt any better than rubber. I notice a lot of chipping on my edges before the rubber looses flexibility.

I'll bet they do. If you go the eBay route and get the inserts they are less than $7/pair. It's a cheap experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back