Trying out the Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running Hankook ATMs in 265/70/18 on Factory alloys. The Kooks are an awesome AT tire and I`ve used them for years on multiple rigs.
Now I needed something with a little more grip for the street and better wet traction, so the Yoko`s were recommended.
I went with 305/50/20 on Vision Manic 20x9 wheels. man these tires are wide.
I `ve only driven on them to reset the TPMS with different pressures in each tire, then once home and cooled down all the tires were brought up to 36 psi.

anyone have experience with this particular tire?

I had these tires in a MUCH smaller size on a RAV4 V6.
I thought they had great wet and dry grip, they never saw winter since I run snows.
They wore out very quickly, which I expected due to the wear rating and my driving style...I got two summers out of them.
The one negative thing I suspect was that they probably had rather thin sidewalls...I took a friend for lunch and we needed to make a left turn onto a busy road to get back to work. I finally saw a gap that was big enough if I applied some power and tore out of there...I found myself sliding towards the far curb and felt like I really had no control of the car for just a bit. I suspect that the sidewall of the right front collapsed from turning so hard...never had that feeling in that car at any other time, and it saw its share of tearing around. It was completely dry that day and I still had plenty of tread...
Nothing bad happened, but my friend never rode with me to lunch ever again!

Last edited:
so far so good with these tires. The grip is good both wet and dry. On the go pedal they def bark between the gears. Under boost on dry pavement they haven`t slipped yet.

I did have an issue with the tpms module looking for the sensors after 70 mph. below that and around town the light does not blink or stay on. brand new sensors to... weird. drive 70 or over for a while and the light blinks, then remains on, then goes off... will see if it happens again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back