Parts Plus PH 2808, 5,xxx miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks. Here is a Parts Plus PH 2808 filter off a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe with 4cyl engine for 5,xxx miles. Put back in and on some MS5K 5w20 that was O'Reily 57cents a quart and OEM KIA/HYUNDAI filter. Looks good to me and vehicle has 70,xxx miles on it. This is my brothers work friends suv.

2uxuzdl.jpg

257hbma.jpg

302cqwl.jpg

5w02g6.jpg

25twcjo.jpg

23rwzdf.jpg

160v8x.jpg

w9ba7r.jpg

Boy that looks good........ royal purple style.
The spring even looks shot peened although I suspect bead blasted instead.
Looks like an easy 7500 mile filter. Thanks for the c&p...

Yeah, we are using these filters at work now also. Took one off of a 2016 2.0 "eco boost" Ford Escape yesterday that had 9,800 miles and looked same as this one.

No, friend bought filter and oil at local mom and pop place near me. They sell Parts Plus oil and filters there and they are very good priced.

I'm always amazed that an inexpensive Chinese made oil filter can have nice even pleats while so many American made filters are wavy.

That looks like a well made filter.

Looks nice doesn't tell the whole story. I would take a Fram EG any day over this one because I see the testing Fram does. It's a free country but how about Mom and Pop stop supporting the Chinese takeover of yet another established US industry.

Nice looking filter here. Well at least if premium guard suspects a problem they take action, unlike the tearing brand that denies it.

Agreed and this may be very old- I could not see a date.
I'm still a Ultra fan but these did look nice but not really inexpensive.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
Nice looking filter here. Well at least if premium guard suspects a problem they take action, unlike the tearing brand that denies it.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Looks nice doesn't tell the whole story. I would take a Fram EG any day over this one because I see the testing Fram does. It's a free country but how about Mom and Pop stop supporting the Chinese takeover of yet another established US industry.

This is a capitalist nation. 'Mom and pop' are free to sell whatever maximizes their profits. Only chinese thing I see taking over america are marxist views like yours.

Maybe Mom and Pop won't be in business if China sells direct.........
What goes around..............

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: goodtimes

This is a capitalist nation. 'Mom and pop' are free to sell whatever maximizes their profits. Only chinese thing I see taking over america are marxist views like yours.

Back on topic finally; I could care less about looks. Fram is just as good also. Until I see a problem with Premium Guard, Pentius, Prime Guard And Dura guard, let's keep the comments about China out of this post. The place my friend got the filter has used these filters before without issues. Talk about Purolator if you want to talk about "looks nice" cause they deny problems in their filters.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The construction looks good, but wonder what the efficiency really is.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Maybe Mom and Pop won't be in business if China sells direct.........
What goes around..............

Amazon opened up that can of worms, selling direct, not long ago(Ebay too), and now fake Apple accessories are being sold and shipped by Amazon, and Apple is suing. All the fake stuff is being mixed in with the real stuff because of being warehoused together.

High quality knives are being faked like Spyderco and others. The fakes are getting mixed in with the genuine. Some of these fakes are so good that I had to watch some videos to make sure the Spyderco knife I bought from Amazon was genuine or not.

Quote:

I think the only way the efficiency question gets answered beyond possible hearsay, is to pony up for testing.

As seen here, these tier filters (value/jobber) with this coo do generally speaking appear to be well made, but their efficiency is unknown/unpublished.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The devil is in the details as they say. I wonder how media is made when they mix resin with fibers. I trust Fram, Wix, and other brands because I know they test and have a long history. Not much trust from me in anything from China not overseen by a well known company. Plastic in baby food, etc. I know Denso makes their own oil filters in China now, I would trust those but not buying them. Any country to me is more or less OK except China and Vietnam.
My point is how do we know how the media is made, it may look great but not work right. It may be made to look good to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back