USA Made Fuel Filter Recommendation Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an '02 Sierra and went to use a Purolator fuel filter that I purchased a while back only to find out that it was wrong. The filter looked like a quality part and had Purolator written on it. Went back to Advance and returned it for the correct part number, problem is that the new` one looks like a Chinese piece of junk. The metal looks like a cheap toy and the only thing written on it is the part number and the word China. Are there any quality brands with good specs that are made in the US?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Personally, I would focus more on "quality brands with good specs" and less on "made in the US".

You are about to get lynched in 3...2...1...

Buying a fuel filter from the GM dealer will give you a higher chance of USA made than one from a parts store. Still no guarantee though.

Last Wix fuel filter that I used on a Chevy was made in Taiwan.

Last Motorcraft filter I used was made in the USA, although that doesn't help with your Sierra.

drtyler. Motorcraft makes filters for GM. I have a motorcraft fuel filter right now on my Pontiac. Im dont remember if it was made in USA or not.

Personally, I would focus more on "quality brands with good specs" and less on "made in the US".
35.gif

Originally Posted By: Andy636

Why so? Please elaborate.

Originally Posted By: AIRJAC3
35.gif

You also.

Originally Posted By: Andy636

Why so? Please elaborate.

Originally Posted By: AIRJAC3
35.gif

You also.

This website is xenophobic.

ACDelco and FRAM fuel filters are the few I know that are made in the US. I've never dissected one to determine the quality on these fuel filters like dissecting an oil filter and reading the specs with a fine tooth comb but OE is your best bet for quality.

Member flaming never gets old here LOL. I've been on BITOG for almost 10 years and member/parts/brand flaming DOES GET OLD! Akin to XboxLive with a bunch of 14 year olds screaming into their headsets lol.

Last edited:
On my 03 Silverado the dealer installed one for $75 and the filter was $25, about so. So a hundred dollars got it done, I will probably do it next time in my carport with a dealer part.

I will try to keep this thread in mind if I am under the truck to write down any markings on the filter.

Plenty of ACDelco Professional made in USA fuel filters available online.

The Delco was $25. at Advance, since they gave me the wrong part twice he just swapped it out. I have to see where it's made and get back. We don't even know what's inside them,they could all be the same...LOL. Not a fan of dealer parts because of their prices. You can buy OEM stuff online cheaper than your local dealer, another American business mistake. My Audi dealer has a "super list" price it's above the list price, the counterman that I know told me it's for people who don't know any better. You can get the same filter on Amazon for less (half) than anyone else, tax for me but free 2 day shipping.

Is the Delco still US-made?

It helps to include the engine, as several different engines that use different fuel filters are available for your truck
smile.gif

The Wix 33481 seems to still be American-made. I also saw a Champ G481 on eBay for $5.99, free shipping, and made in the USA.

If your truck is flex-fuel, the Wix 33623 is also USA made.

The Delco GF652F says "Product of The USA" on it. Have no idea about the insides but the outside looks great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back