A First

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I went shooting at my local indoor range, Guns & Leather, in Greenbrier, TN, where I have a membership, last Saturday night. They close at 8:00, so, around 7:55, one of the employees walked in and let me know it was time to clean up, and started sweeping up brass. I gathered up my stuff and walked out into the common area (the range is in the basement; the gun store is upstairs). I'd been shooting Russian ammo through my new Makarov, so my hands were pretty dirty, so I walked into the bathroom to wash up. I was in there for about 5 or 6 minutes.

When I walked out, the lights in the common area were off and the door that leads up the stairs into the gun store (and the exit) was locked.

The guy who was sweeping up in the range didn't see me go into the bathroom, and must have thought I went up the stairs and out of the building.

So, by this time, it's a couple of minutes after 8:00. I banged on the door a little bit, hoping somebody was still up in the store. But, it became obvious that they were all gone.

Luckily, I had my phone, as there was no phone down there. I had to look up the # for the Greenbrier, TN. police dispatch office, and call them. They got in touch with the owners, and, within 10 minutes or so, the gunsmith and a couple of amused police officers showed up. A couple of minutes later, the owner's son showed up and offered his apologies.

The fact that I had my phone with me meant it was a minor, amusing incident. If I hadn't had my phone, I would have been in there until someone came down there and unlocked the range for business. And, since the next day was Sunday, they weren't scheduled to open for business until 1:00 pm!

So, yeah, never had that happen before!

Ooops!

Maybe some free range time is in order as an apology?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
This reminds me of the movie, "Mad Mad Mad Mad World". When Sid Caesar and Edie Adams got locked in the basement of the hardware store.
grin.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I got locked into the outside garden center at Walmart. The automatic doors allowed me to enter but not get back into the store. Was fall and cold so not much traffic to area. I had to call with cell phone to get out. Got a better discount on a pallet of bricks which if I had been locked in any longer could have started to use to beat my way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back