Forester XT filter ok on Tribeca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess not, just asking though since I have a few extra for my Forester XT 2.5 EJ257 laying around.

FXT calls for 15208aa12a.

Tribeca calls for 15208AA031.

I guess that they both have the same bypass psi, but the Tribeca's is probably a larger filter.

Do I need to be as picky about the Tribeca's filter since it is not turbo?

Thanks!!

If the O-ring/base gasket aren't identically sized, I wouldn't use it. I wouldn't use it myself since Subaru specs different filters for those vehicles anyways.

Bypass pressure requirement for that XT filter is around 23 psi I think. On that 6 cyl I think it is somewhere in the 14-15 psi neighborhood.

Thanks all! I won't attempt it. Lots of Subaru uses the same filter bla bla bla since bla bla bla going around. Glad I checked in.

Do you all have another filter suggestion? Would be nice to not have to depend on just one filter like I do on the XT you know.

I don't know what year your's is, but Fram makes an ultra (XG filter) for both the 3.0 and 3.6 if you are using synthetic. That's what I would use and it is a highly regarded filter here.

BTW the bypass pressure requirement is 23 PSI. Tons of searching since I last posted, but PL14460 seems to be the best non OEM choice with the 20-25 PSI and no ADBV like the OEM 15208AA031 filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back