Amsoil Marine 10W-30 oil for Honda EM6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was curious as to your thoughts on buying this oil for our honda generator? i like the fact it is a high rpm shear stable oil as well as rust inhibitors in the oil. plus normally anything marine is a better product....usually anyway. so what do you guys think? i already bought this oil but i didn't put it in yet.

Last edited:
I think you are overthinking this one, unless you have really easy and PC access to Amsoil.

Otherwise I would go with M1 10w30.

That being said I have I Amsoil 10w30 in my push mower and it still looks brand new 2 years later.

probably am overthinking this. that's why i value your opinions
wink.gif

Probably not necessary, but certainly a good idea. Especially in an engine that will spend most of its life just sitting.

Not like you are going to have to use a lot of it either.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Probably not necessary, but certainly a good idea. Especially in an engine that will spend most of its life just sitting.

Not like you are going to have to use a lot of it either.

yeah it only takes one quart

Yes it is overkill.

However, I have run Amsoil 10W30 motorcycle oil (MCT) in my air cooled, Subaru Robin powered, 10,000 watt generator before. Also, my Kawasaki powered Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor. In my book, that is as good as it gets for a 30 weight oil - bar none. Higher flash point than Amsoil Marine 10W30 (238C vs 230C). Lower NOACK to boot, than Amsoil Marine (5.4 vs 7.8). Probably better than Amsoil small engine oil that everyone else uses, if you want to nit pick.

Guess you could say it was Overkill + Overkill = Insanity. If I had more of it, I would do it again. I am guilty, so Convict me. In my case, it was only a 2 quart oil capacity. However, it worked like a charm, and the oil level did not drop an ounce, all summer, from where it started.

I switched my Yamaha 3000 iSEB generator to 0w30 GC Castrol. Main reason, it's closer to a 40w when at operating temps...

I use it in my 2000 Honda lawn tractor and I expect it to last 15 more years. It's parked inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back