2014 Harley Davidson 103B - 1521mi - M1 V-Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley3499.jpg

Been a lot of working and virtually no riding.

Oil remains in service, has been in since 3/25/15.

There was mention in another thread that TAN would be bad if motorcycle oil was left in over a year, so I got TAN and TBN for your entertainment.

Thank You very much for posting this...REALLY!! Thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

This really confirms my mechanic telling me on lower mileage motorcycles you can go 18 months to 24 months for an OCI under 4000 miles.

You're welcome of course...
cool.gif

I suspect it is the case for most M/C, but will say when it does get ridden, it gets ridden a good distance and fully up to operating temp.

Thanks,
Im almost at 12,000 miles now, I think we started off around the same time.
Looking at your UOA I think we are pretty close in wear metals compared to my report at the bottom of this page or top of the next depending if another UOA gets posted.
I do see the edge you have in Iron but 500 miles less then me and knowing these UOAs have a little variance of whatever percent makes me feel good being you are using a well respected, well known oil.
Of course the big difference is the viscosity we are both at the opposite extremes. Common with Amsoil and Mobile, nothing wrong with it, nothing great about it except in a shared gearbox it might help more.

Ill be doing another oil change by the end of August, weather permitting. :eek:)
Still using Mystik JT8 15/50, will send in a sample, Im just about 2000 miles on it now should be over 3000 when I change, very well may wait until 3,500 or so. Which again, good weather will make it sooner rather then later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back