2013 Golf TDI- Mobil 1 ESP- Great results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 2nd UOA for my Golf. The first one was done with the dealer Castrol Pro and for my first non-free oil change I wanted to try Mobil 1 ESP. I initially planned to change it at 7k for a more apples to apples comparison with the Castrol, but I went on a 3k mile road trip and it was too early to change before the trip so I decided to run over. I'm happy with the results after 9k+ miles on this OCI.

I wonder if the dpf delete would have anything to do with it....in theory there is now less resistance and maybe the engine isn't having to work as hard all else being equal?

oilanalysis2016 by DerekG710, on Flickr

I refilled with the 507 Pentosin to compare.

Last edited:
I think mobil one ESP is an excellent oil- but I believe the diesel particulate filter and EGR delete definitely lead to less stress on the engine on the oil.

The previous oil lacked both Moly and Boron, so I'm not surprised that the ESP produced better results.
Does anyone know what the Potassium based additive used in the previous oil was, as I've not seen that before ??

The good figures are not due to deleting the EGR or DPF, as there was no fuel contamination present. I'm not a fan of deleting emissions control gear, as it's an anti social act, particularly if the vehicle is used in built up areas. Poor emisions standards are one of the main causes of cancer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back