M1-102, 11.6k thousand miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter is the anxiously awaited one that my friend member 285south mailed me. It or box said it was damaged but it was fine. Good ole Postal Service clowns; gotta love em'. Anyways, enjoy the photos and questions feel free to ask myself of 285south. I don't know what vehicle this filter was on but it had the above mentioned miles on it with Mobil 1 EP grade???? Unknown. Kinda looks like a WIX to me, dunno about you folks. The pic where ADBV is propped up is when I cut thri; I pried up with a straight screwdriver so that's what caused that.

2ijl18g.jpg

166cf1i.jpg

29xyy2r.jpg

2quma1f.jpg

14vgwnn.jpg

2v1kohu.jpg

65ttfo.jpg

347xrp4.jpg

1193u6w.jpg

dmb248.jpg

2mplf8j.jpg

2qu6av8.jpg

Looks good for 11k miles.

I think most filters(even low end) can do 10k miles in a clean engine with decent oil. High end filters such Fram Ultra can easily do 20-25k miles in a clean engine, even they are rated for 15k miles only.

Originally Posted By: car51
Wemay: thank you for viewing and the advice you give&agave me in the past good sir
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thank you for the cut and post
smile.gif

M1 filters are made by Fram. The new CQ Blue is probably very similar to the M1.

January 16, 2013

Man that does look fantastic !!! I aught to mail you my oil filters
smile.gif
heck I've got one Fram Ultra 6607, one 7317 plus and one Fram TG 4967. These Mobil one filters are clearly stout.
smile.gif

Bbhero: shoot me a PM and I will be glad to cut the filters you mention for FREE. Include mileage and vehicles and oil used sir
smile.gif

quoted: So this filter is the anxiously awaited one that my friend member 285south mailed me. It or box said it was damaged but it was fine. Good ole Postal Service clowns; gotta love em'.

To OP, if I correctly understand your post someone mailed you a used oil filter (with residual oil still inside) thru the US Postal Service?

You guys took a big change doing that!
Guessing that item would of been considered 'hazardous material' by their rules and very hefty fines if the package had sprung a leak going thru handling.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for the cut and post
smile.gif

M1 filters are made by Fram. The new CQ Blue is probably very similar to the M1.

January 16, 2013

More specifically made by Champ Labs which is owned by the same corporation that owns Fram. I know they have merged some production but the M1 filters are most definitely a Champ Labs design that predated the 2011 merger.

Yeah, I guess it could have been far worse. The box and contents inside were NOT damaged although the lil' piece of paper said it was damaged. The filter was fine also. Only way I know of to get a package such as this also as don't know about fed ex or ups

We mail Blackstone samples all the time, it is fine.

The M1 filters look great I just consider them over priced. Can be a good deal in an OCI special though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back