Fluid Film 1 Gallon Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

I was looking around online to purchase a 1 gallon Can of Fluid Film.

In Canada it was $45 online. Add Taxes and Shipping, it probably would have added $20 to the price. Called my Local Napa and the price was $66 (then add 13% HST).

I was taking a trip down to Pennsylvania and called the local Napa in Doylestown PA ahead of time. I searched online and the price was $42 USD. The guy at Napa said he'd get it for the next day.

I picked it up this past Friday. While he's punching in the order, I asked about the price and he said since I "ordered it online" which I technically didn't, it was $36 USD (plus taxes).

Not a bad score in my opinion.

Wow, looks like it's $48.75/gal on Amazon with "free" shipping. Good price - do you have a Napa P/N?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wow, looks like it's $48.75/gal on Amazon with "free" shipping. Good price - do you have a Napa P/N?

Part number was "FFP CNAS"

It's showing on Napa's site as $36 now. Not sure if that's a limited time, so I would order soon. Two weeks ago it was $42.

I didn't know they sold it at Napa. That's less than I paid ordering it online.

Well, I'll remember that for the future.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
I didn't know they sold it at Napa. That's less than I paid ordering it online.

Well, I'll remember that for the future.

I don't even think the guy at Napa knew they sold it. He had to look up the part number online and then place an order for it.

Originally Posted By: pbm
What is the best method to apply this product?

I spray it with a HF paint gun. Airless paint sprayers are one of the methods recommended by FF retailers.

Originally Posted By: Boczech
How long does this film last on the vehicle ?

Inside the door panels, I think it would stick for a few years. Under the body I'm not sure. The product looks like it sticks well to the underside. I haven't sprayed the underbody of my 2 vehicles. I will do that next weekend. I will monitor it after winter and probably spray a light coat next summer.

The pro gun worked well once I figured out how to set it up.

Washes off exposed and vulnerable areas after a while hangs around everywhere else nicely. Doesn't replace paint on metal but should make a huge difference in nooks crannies seams etc. I'm sprayed it on 3 vehicles now. Lasts longer on the truck than the cars I suspect due to ground clearance and deep snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back