Affinia filters bought by Mann-Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So WIX went from Dana Corp,to Affinia to Mann-Hummel.Gates is foreign owned too,as well as SKF,and Victor-Reinz.America will own nothing soon.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Mann already owns Purolator, so what do they have to gain from owning Wix, too? Too much consolidation.

Access to tear free filters?
28.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Mann already owns Purolator, so what do they have to gain from owning Wix, too? Too much consolidation.

28.gif

Or worse, tearing Wix filters soon.
15.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Run
.....Or worse, tearing Wix filters soon....

A fair point. Considering Mann and Hummel has been half owner of Purolator US since 06 and full owner since first quarter of 2013, time will tell.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

28.gif

crackmeup2.gif

With China just devaluing their own currency (yeah, the communists love this tactic) by 2% recently overnight, ALL oil filters will soon be made in China, and we can get them for a nickel.

If it's like hand tools, they start selling filters at a nickel each. Two years later all the USA filter companies are gone or not making anything in the USA. Then the 5 cent filter goes to $9 and everything on the shelf is made in China so you take it home grumbling to yourself.

I don't understand why Clacor (NYSE: CLC) would've let such a good U.S based asset go to the Germans. The filter business is a great long term business. Warren Buffet should've stepped up and added Wix brand to their staple of great brands. Wix is definitely one of the top filter brands in the world, and has great long term growth potential. I'm disappointed how great American Brands keep being bought out by foreign firms.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton
Affinia bought out.

Shouldn't make any difference to the end consumer. Mann+Hummel make great products. I haven't ever had a bad experience with them. Just another corporate merger. These things happen all the time.

what direction is that? Purolator is doing just fine and there products are still as good as they have always been. If you look outside of this little forum, there are still plenty of people using Purolator products and the parts that they are contracted to manufacture.

If you are referring to their customer service departments response or lack thereof to the emails of BITOG members, that is just the way their public relations department has chosen to respond to the continued hate mail that some here repetitively send.

What would you do as a company if a small segment of your customer base sent you derogatory and accusatory letters about your product, that could not be substantiated in fact?

They said they would look into it, but certain people here just continued to do nothing short of continually berate them. So instead of responding in the same manner that they were approached, they just appear to have stopped responding to this "hate mail".

I still can't think of any negative direction that Purolator has taken after being acquired by MH.
21.gif

Oh and btw, guess who makes the motocraft filters your truck uses
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
If it's like hand tools, they start selling filters at a nickel each. Two years later all the USA filter companies are gone or not making anything in the USA. Then the 5 cent filter goes to $9 and everything on the shelf is made in China so you take it home grumbling to yourself.

And people on here will be cheering over it, while griping about their unemployed neighbors.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
what direction is that? Purolator is doing just fine and there products are still as good as they have always been. If you look outside of this little forum, there are still plenty of people using Purolator products and the parts that they are contracted to manufacture.

Yeah, all the unsuspecting people who don't even know what's inside an oil filter. According to some members here, the word has now spread way beyond BITOG.

If you are referring to their customer service departments response or lack thereof to the emails of BITOG members, that is just the way their public relations department has chosen to respond to the continued hate mail that some here repetitively send.

What would you do as a company if a small segment of your customer base sent you derogatory and accusatory letters about your product, that could not be substantiated in fact?

They said they would look into it, but certain people here just continued to do nothing short of continually berate them. So instead of responding in the same manner that they were approached, they just appear to have stopped responding to this "hate mail".

Sounds like you're tired of getting that hate mail at work. LoL

Im sure it has spread as to as many other forums those here happen to also frequent. Pretty [censored] evidence. Probably put them out of business. And speaking of work, oil filters don't come up much in emergency medicine, so you can stop accusing me of working for Purolator. It is just hijacking threads and wasting the time of those who came to this site looking for answers.

^^^ LoL ... and you don't hijack threads with your Purolator shillary? And you don't accuse people of working for Fram. Yeah, OK ... carry on.
whistle.gif

Kettle > teapot > black.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ LoL ... and YOU don't hijack threads with your Purolator shillary? And YOU don't accuse people of working for Fram. Yeah, OK ...
crazy.gif

Kettle > teapot > black.

I don't hijack threads.
I am not a shill.
I only accuse people of being shills if I believe they intimidate, shame or belittle those who don't use a particular brand for compensation in the form of free filters of kick backs. There are only a few who fall under this criteria. I don't just blindly accuse everyone who disagrees with me. That is ludicrous.

I only accuse people of being shills if I believe they intimidate, shame or belittle those who don't use a particular brand for compensation in the form of free filters of kick backs.

Yep, you're right. You put down lots of filters (particularly a certain brand), and boast up others (particularly a certain brand that shouldn't really be boasted about) all the time ... you do shillary well, and you don't even realize it. But as usual, carry on.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back