PP and PUP NOACK "fixed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they "fixed" the NOACK......

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_Local_TDS_United_States_Pennzoil_Platinum_5W-30_Full_Synthetic_Motor_Oil_%28SN_GF-5%29_%28en-US%29_TDS.pdf

52846623.jpg

There's still no HTHS. It's either outstanding or really lacking. Their email representatives have said they're intentionally withholding it for the time being.

There are a few reasons I wont be buying Pennz anymore. Lack of foil seals, cant find PUP and now this..I will stick with Mobil for now. Not to say i dont think their product is good.

There is a new method standard for Noack issued October 1, 2014: ASTM D5800-14. They may be developing typical data under the new method and withholding publication for now.

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: volk06
They fixed it by removing that spec from their data sheets..

hahaha ajajajaajajaaajaaa

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
There's still no HTHS. It's either outstanding or really lacking. Their email representatives have said they're intentionally withholding it for the time being.

Really lacking!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
There are a few reasons I wont be buying Pennz anymore. Lack of foil seals, cant find PUP and now this..I will stick with Mobil for now. Not to say i dont think their product is good.

After seeing the great results members had here with their UOA with the old formula Ultra, I bought a lot of it at Autozone $3 a quart clearance. This anti-information/ terrible marketing/poor customer support, and pro legal mambo jumbo/accountants run the company makes me avoid their motor oils even more for another 25 years.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
There is a new method standard for Noack issued October 1, 2014: ASTM D5800-14. They may be developing typical data under the new method and withholding publication for now.

Tom NJ

They should have told vinu_neuro that instead and many of us would have understood why then but they took the wrong path.

Thanks Tom NJ!

They could have left the line there and modified it:

NOACK: OK

rather unfortunate.

their low NOACK value was one of the major reasons i decided to try their Platinum.

not having that stupid foil seal was just a bonus.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ

Tom NJ

What is new about version 14?

Thanks

Thanks for the info Tom NJ, but you shouldn't have to be the one explaining. SOPUS could have done so easily. If this is the reason, leave the old numbers up (like everyone else) then offer a disclaimer line in your pds when it changes. Pretty simple really.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: meborder

I'm not a fan of the foil seal either. As long as the bottles don't leak when tipped, I prefer just the cap and snap ring.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Originally Posted By: meborder

I'm not a fan of the foil seal either. As long as the bottles don't leak when tipped, I prefer just the cap and snap ring.

I prefer just a leak-proof cap with the snap ring...but without a rebate code printed on the inside of the cap
smile.gif

I think BITOGers "scared" SOPUS into removing the NOACK line from the spec sheet.....

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
What was the NOACK on the new Ultra?

The new Ultra 5W/20 Noack was slightly over 10% before the TDS was pulled. This was newsworthy because the old Ultra was 5.0% and the new Platinum was 8.2%. So the more cynical among us speculated: 1) new Ultra was inferior to old Ultra and 2) the new Ultra may not really be better than the new (and cheaper) Platinum.

Of course, there's lots more to oil than Noack, but we don't have a lot of tools at our disposal so we make do with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back