War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Yes, there's widespread corruption in America. What exactly does that mean for our discussion about Russia?

Hey i am not the one who started this crony capitalism thing.
I was stating the fact that the Russians are no worse than the the USA at the moment when it comes to crony capitalism.

What exactly does the US have to do with the Ukraine anyway? They are not in NATO.
Ukraine wanted to be closer to the EU so let the EU handle it and if it gets out of hand then maybe intervene.

There are enough problems right here to worry about, course it does provide a diversion from the ever expanding daily scandals.

When has the government of the US trumped up a case against the owner of a large and sucessful petroleum company start-up just because he refused to sell off his holdings?
This is how "biznez" is conducted in Putin's Russia.
We have real courts with real authority here, thankfully.
To equate the US with Russia when it comes to the relationship between business and government is laughable.

I don't think the USA is anything like Russia. But the federal government in the USA is going to need major reforms when that becomes possible, hopefully, in a little over two years.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Conflict involves more than rockets....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/war-and-nat...as-fields/11680

The whole hatred for Jews, using conspiracy theories, and propaganda is really low. To attempt to justify ones bigotry and racism with pseudo science is illogical and demonstrates a persons lack of one's self worth.

I wonder what advances the human race could make if the effort execrated in telling fairy tails and cock-n-bull "facts" to discredit and humiliate those with slight differences was used elsewhere.

Also Mamala Bay if you are going to inject your theory into an discussion use an reference that has a reputation for accuracy and being honest. Globalreasearch has been compared to the weekly world news.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

The whole hatred for Jews, using conspiracy theories, and propaganda is really low. To attempt to justify ones bigotry and racism with pseudo science is illogical and demonstrates a persons lack of one's self worth.

I wonder what advances the human race could make if the effort execrated in telling fairy tails and cock-n-bull "facts" to discredit and humiliate those with slight differences was used elsewhere.

Also Mamala Bay if you are going to inject your theory into an discussion use an reference that has a reputation for accuracy and being honest. Globalreasearch has been compared to the weekly world news.

Hatred for Jews? Hardly there is difference from Judiasm and Israel.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/halsell.html

Originally Posted By: Mystic
According to predictions made by various experts Russia will be in serious decline by 2050. There is a very high death rate in Russia with poor health care and a low birth rate except among certain minorities. The Russian economy is not really very strong. Putin himself has encouraged Russians to have children.

If the predictions of these experts are correct Russian's population will be greatly reduced by 2050. And Russia will probably be in danger of being conquered itself by some country like China except that Russia does have nuclear weapons.

To be fair, every developed nation has very bad demographic structure that will result in economic collapse in the next decades. Look at Japan and Italy for clues as they lead the pack. USA is slightly better due to robust immigration, but the majority will soon become a minority and I'm hoping the transition will be without violence.

Surprisingly, China will have major demographic/economic issues in store due to its policy of one child.

The only regions with young population that have a great potential to thrive are Indians and Africans. Somehow that doesn't make me optimistic at all.

You fly to Moscow the billionaire capital of the world. You go to Saint Basil's Cathedral with a sign with a picture of Putin in a leotard, and a bull horn playing a recording that the Russian government led by Putin is nothing but puppets controlled by former Soviet Hardliners.

If this happened. What do you believe would happen to you?

You know you'll never get an answer to this. This applies to all the people who talk smack about their own countries and then point out how somewhere else is "better."

As if any of the corporate media here in the USA is any better.
LOL...
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Reporter Exposing War Crimes Gets Pulled From NBC News

And most of us here are simply pointing out that the USA is no better than Russia when it comes to the ruthlessness of foreign policy matters.

What disgusts me as a US citizen is that our country holds itself out to be a more noble entity around the globe when in fact it is NOTHING of the sort, at least the Russians claim nothing of the sort and don't pretend to be something they are not. It makes the USA look like a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Yes, there's widespread corruption in America. What exactly does that mean for our discussion about Russia?

Hey i am not the one who started this crony capitalism thing.
I was stating the fact that the Russians are no worse than the the USA at the moment when it comes to crony capitalism.

What exactly does the US have to do with the Ukraine anyway? They are not in NATO.
Ukraine wanted to be closer to the EU so let the EU handle it and if it gets out of hand then maybe intervene.

There are enough problems right here to worry about, course it does provide a diversion from the ever expanding daily scandals.

When has the government of the US trumped up a case against the owner of a large and sucessful petroleum company start-up just because he refused to sell off his holdings?
This is how "biznez" is conducted in Putin's Russia.
We have real courts with real authority here, thankfully.
To equate the US with Russia when it comes to the relationship between business and government is laughable.

We have real courts with real authority here, now that is really laughable.
Take your Rose colored glasses off and see things for what they really are.

For a good contribution you can attend the hard drive BBQ and bazaar in DC.

You and 'shell need to get together.
While you may not have all that much in common, you at least both seem get all of the important stuff exactly wrong.

Originally Posted By: Garak
You fly to Moscow the billionaire capital of the world. You go to Saint Basil's Cathedral with a sign with a picture of Putin in a leotard, and a bull horn playing a recording that the Russian government led by Putin is nothing but puppets controlled by former Soviet Hardliners.

You know you'll never get an answer to this. This applies to all the people who talk smack about their own countries and then point out how somewhere else is "better."

This reminds me an old soviet joke.
What is the difference between USA and USSR?
None, you can freely curse the US president in both.

You can substitute Russia for USSR and the joke still applies.

It's funny how people take freedoms for granted and don't realize that most of the world don't have them.

When Russian Journalists say bad things about Putin, they usually die and cases are always unsolved.

Did you know that Russian TV was nationalized and operated by government since after Putin rose in power?

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

It's funny how people take freedoms for granted and don't realize that most of the world don't have them.

When Russian Journalists say bad things about Putin, they usually die and cases are always unsolved.

Did you know that Russian TV was nationalized and operated by government since after Putin rose in power?

LOL..

The US mass media is owned by corporations, which in turn own the US gov't. The US media never says anything "bad" about our leaders because they are bought and paid for.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

LOL..

The US mass media is owned by corporations, which in turn own the US gov't. The US media never says anything "bad" about our leaders because they are bought and paid for.

Guess you don't watch Faux....er Fox Snoo......er,,,Bews.

LOL.

Really, the US media never attacks US leaders? Where have you been? Of course it depends on which news media outlet you are talking about.

One thing I know it seems like an awful lot of people will do anything to get to the USA. Even taking dangerous 1,700 mile trips through Mexico sometimes riding on top of boxcars.

There must be something attracting them.

Getting back to this post the Ukrainians seem to have an excellent opportunity to becomes citizens of Russia. But except for some ethnic Russians they don't seem to want it.

And if the 'Elites' and the 'Nine Unknown' really want to run the world when exactly is that supposed to happen? There may be a few powerful people in various places WHO THINK they run the world. But they don't except in their own egos.

My brother has been in over 100 countries in the world. He has told me a lot about what he has seen. I still prefer the USA myself and if it was not the USA there are only a few countries I would really want to live in. If I lived in a lot of countries in the world I would be trying to get to the USA if I could.

Hatred for Jews? Hardly there is difference from Judiasm and Israel.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/halsell.html

I guess I asked for it. I stated to use an more creditable reference. ifamericansknew.org is a website owned and founded by Alison Wier. Wier has been linked to Al Awda (The Return) speaking at Al Awda national conventions as a guess speaker.
http://www.al-awda.org/convention10/convention10.html

Ms. Wier has also published articles to libel Israel on her website such as Israel is using Palestine to harvest organs.

A example of Ms. Wier's associates and contributor to her website include Israel Shamir, whom is infamous for his elaborate allegations that the holocaust did not exist.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
You and 'shell need to get together.
While you may not have all that much in common, you at least both seem get all of the important stuff exactly wrong.

I could just as easily say the same about you but thats only my opinion. Didn't like the hard drive BBQ and bazaar thing eh? I know its sad but its true.
Come on man where are the Courts? Where is the AG? Where is the Authority? People need to go to prison for these never ending criminal acts.

This is not a one party fiasco either, just recently one gang of fruitcakes wanted to send US weapons to Syrian rebels who it turns out are al-Qaeda supported ISIS terrorist.
It isn't enough the US has given trumpt up little opposition leaders the matches to set the Middle East on fire with catastrophic consequences like Benghazi.
Isn't that the same as Putin arming the separatist? It certainly is but at least Putin maintains some sort of plausible deniability.

I do not have a pro Russian point of view but Russia and US are more alike today than ever.
They both support their favorite local arsonist then finger point at the other.

I do not have a pro Russian point of view but Russia and US are more alike today than ever.

Why don't go live there for a while and report back. You clearly don't know what life is russia.

They both support their favorite local arsonist then finger point at the other.

Why don't go live there for a while and report back. You clearly don't know what life is russia.

You just wait a while longer, the US is already headed the same way.

Your grandchildren will live in a country that is just like any other developing country IF things keep going the way they are.

I have been to Russia a few times. My son lived in Saint Petersburg for some time studying Russian.
Unless you know me please keep your comments to yourself.

You throw around a few ascertions unsupported with any facts and then set forth that old chesnut of moral equivalency.
It wasn't valid seventy years ago and it isn't valid today.
The American and Russian systems of government have nothing in common other than both having a named head of state.
You want a practical example?
Consider your native land and consider what the US did for its part of Germany versus what the Russians did to the other part.
Look at what the Federal Rupublic inherited at reunification.
The Federal Republic had prospered and had a democratic government, in no small part because it was allowed to form its own independent government and received substantial US aid postwar.
The Democratic Republic never fully recovered from the war and was governed by a puppet dictatorship.
It wasn't the allies who built the wall and it wasn't American forces shooting Germans trying to escape to the West.
That would have been the puppet East German government doing what Moscow told it to do.
I would think that anyone from continental Europe would be well aware of the goodwill with which the US treated its former foe, in contrast to the way in which the Soviets dealt with their new German captives.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
As if any of the corporate media here in the USA is any better.
LOL...
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Reporter Exposing War Crimes Gets Pulled From NBC News

And most of us here are simply pointing out that the USA is no better than Russia when it comes to the ruthlessness of foreign policy matters.

What disgusts me as a US citizen is that our country holds itself out to be a more noble entity around the globe when in fact it is NOTHING of the sort, at least the Russians claim nothing of the sort and don't pretend to be something they are not. It makes the USA look like a hypocrite.

Thank you for providing an example that provides the difference between organizations that employ journalist and organizations the employ story writers that fabricate tall tales. NBC has reassigned Ayman Mohyeldin to Gaza. Your link does not provide Mr. Mohyeldin's mocking tweet and facebook post that Mr. Mohyeldin has deleted mocking the U.S. state department. Mr. Mohyeldin's job is to report the story not to provide political commentary about the story.

The best first hand example that your false assertion "What disgusts me as a US citizen is that our country holds itself out to be a more noble entity around the globe when in fact it is NOTHING of the sort, at least the Russians claim nothing of the sort and don't pretend to be something they are not. It makes the USA look like a hypocrite."

I have had the pleasure of traveling the world and living, training, and eating with many citizens and service members from various countries. Not limited to Afghan, Salvadorian, Guatemalan, and Jordanian in their respective countries. Someone always requested that I help them immigrate to the United States. In Afghanistan for example the people are not always happy that the Americans have an occupying force there, yet the average Afghan citizen trusts Americans more than other men and women from a different tribe then the one of their family. Ask the elders of Afghanistan that remember the rule of the Soviets, then the Taliban, and now the occupation of American and NATO forces what is different. The most common answer is the people can address their concerns and actually criticize Americans and not be beaten. The looming fear of many Afghan citizens is what will happen after the American led NATO withdraws.

Another example is Iraq. If Americans desired to employ and 21st century Sherman's march during Operation Iraqi Freedom America would own a oil reach commonwealth. Then look to what became of both Germany and Japan after the United States helped to decimate both countries. If the "elite" did exist and if the American people really desired world domination the opportunity has presented itself more than once in the last 7 decades.

Are we Americans perfect in our actions and decisions? No.

I have already asked you in this thread if you were to travel to Russia and expressed the same disdain for the Russian government, its leaders, and policies that you have expressed for American government, its leaders, and policies what would be your fate. I specifically asked this question to you because in the past you have made statements you admire Putin and his decision not to be bullied by the "western elite handlers".

Also this is the last time I will post responses to you and Mamala Bay in this thread unless the post is about the War in Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back