Onlinetires.com order experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys..

This is not a plug lol

I was just in the market for some tires for my Eclipse. My job is selling tires, however we do not carry the tires I was looking for and the closet option which we sell was aprox $200 more than I was looking to spend. Therefore, I started shopping online. I have purchased tires and wheels a few times from TireRack.com in the past, and they have always had outstanding service, however I was looking to save about $80 from Onlinetires.com when compared to Tire Rack. I did some googling and found a few forums where people had bad experiences with this place, and I'm sure there are probably 100 good experiences that are not talked about for each bad experience someone posts on.

Normally I am 100% confident when ordering things online, but this time I figured I'd give them a call to make sure they actually had what I was looking for in stock, and I ended up placing the order with Josh Ext. 1546 (not like that matters). There phone service was good, no hold times or issues. The sales person was very friendly. They processed my order, sent me email confirmation followed by tracking info. My order was processed and shipped on Monday, and I received the tires on Friday via FedEx from Cali to Michigan. To me that is totally acceptable. The order was correct. The tires were fresh, everything looked just as good as it has from Tire Rack in the past.

I can't wait to mount them up and go for a drive.

I just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone considering purchasing tires online. These forums (along with all others) are great for reading peoples horror stories, but we don't see enough positive feedback.

A+ from me with Onlinetires.com

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
What I see there are mostly low end cheap Chinese Tires that I would not put on my car, not even on my beater. That and shipping kills the deal.

Looks like they sell everything just did a search

No only Asian tires

Falken
Yokohama
Brigdstone
Continental
Dunlop
GoodYear
etc ...

Another good site that I found that has great prices and free shipping on selected tire is treaddepot.com

Ordered 2 sets of Toyo tires ( made in Japan if anyone asks )

They both were shipped next day.

Onlinetires.com price is usually lower than most online sites. They are about 25 miles away so I can easily go there to pick up to avoid shipping charge.

I print their price and get AT/DT to match, in the end I get the low price without shipping charge plus good services with AT/DT.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Hey guys..

This is not a plug lol

I was just in the market for some tires for my Eclipse. My job is selling tires, however we do not carry the tires I was looking for and the closet option which we sell was aprox $200 more than I was looking to spend. Therefore, I started shopping online. I have purchased tires and wheels a few times from TireRack.com in the past, and they have always had outstanding service, however I was looking to save about $80 from Onlinetires.com when compared to Tire Rack. I did some googling and found a few forums where people had bad experiences with this place, and I'm sure there are probably 100 good experiences that are not talked about for each bad experience someone posts on.

Normally I am 100% confident when ordering things online, but this time I figured I'd give them a call to make sure they actually had what I was looking for in stock, and I ended up placing the order with Josh Ext. 1546 (not like that matters). There phone service was good, no hold times or issues. The sales person was very friendly. They processed my order, sent me email confirmation followed by tracking info. My order was processed and shipped on Monday, and I received the tires on Friday via FedEx from Cali to Michigan. To me that is totally acceptable. The order was correct. The tires were fresh, everything looked just as good as it has from Tire Rack in the past.

I can't wait to mount them up and go for a drive.

I just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone considering purchasing tires online. These forums (along with all others) are great for reading peoples horror stories, but we don't see enough positive feedback.

A+ from me with Onlinetires.com

Johnny, I'm about 30 miles out of Windsor.
I'll have to get a price on a set of tires from you when it's time to replace them.

Bob

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is onlinetires on the west coast? Shipping is crazy to NY!

Yes. Shipping was like $88 to Michigan, however the total price was still over $60 less shipped than from Tire rack.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
My only problem was trying to get satisfaction on a tire waraanty. Seems no one wants to do anything for an on-line tire purchaser.

Any dealer who is an actual "brand of tire" dealer can honnor warranties. They get reimbursed from the manufacturer. That being said, most namebrand tires don't have a problem with getting to their advertised tread life assuming the tires are maintained properly and you are driving like a maniac all the time. I deal with very few mileage adjustments.

Well, I can say I've never had a problem with it. I've been buying tires through the mail since 1988 or so, and no one has ever asked when warranty questions come up. It was all via tread depth and wear pattern. How would they know, anyway? Maybe I live in New York and while on vacation in Miami I needed a set of tires.

My only problem was trying to get satisfaction on a tire waraanty. Seems no one wants to do anything for an on-line tire purchaser.

that's the funniest site I've ever seen! I never knew there were tire manufacturers with names like that. And the prices, wow, never knew you could get high performance so cheap!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is onlinetires on the west coast? Shipping is crazy to NY!

They are in Cerritos, about 15 miles south of Los Angeles.
My only problem was trying to get satisfaction on a tire waranty. Seems no one wants to do anything for an on-line tire purchaser.

That why I tried to get the lowest price online (shipping included if applicable) then have local AT/DT price match. They will take care of flat repair, rotation and balance, mileage warranty ...

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
that's the funniest site I've ever seen! I never knew there were tire manufacturers with names like that. And the prices, wow, never knew you could get high performance so cheap!

I assume that you are being sarcastic! Their name brand tires are just as expensive as anyone else s, and with outrageous shipping costs to the east.

wow what the heck kind of tire names are these

Brand: KINFOREST
Brand: SAFFIRO
Brand: MAYRUN
Brand: WINRUN
Brand: DELINTE
Brand: ACHILLES

shipping to ohio was 85$ for 4 tires

which kills any remnant of any deal on a decent tire there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back