Who Makes Kwik Trip Gasoline (WI / IA / MN)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered who makes gas sold at Kwik Trip & Kwik Star stations.

http://www.kwiktrip.com/

In my part of WI the gas is sold as Top Tier in 87, 89 and 91 octane. Some stations also carry E85, natural gas, and diesel. The 91 octane gas is ethanol free, and it is my preferred fuel in my lawn & garden equipment. In an earlier thread I saw someone thought it was sourced from BP, but there was no other information. Anyone know?

I have also wondered this as more and more of them keep showing up in the metro of MN.

Do you think the "kwik trip" name is just a way to cover up It's actually BP to those people that still wont fill up there because of the spill?

I do really enjoy them though and all of the healthier food options they put out for commuters.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Quik trip is BP but I'm not sure about the kwik ones.

I believe they are entirely separate companies. IIRC Quik Trip is out of Oklahoma and have their stations in the south central states. Kwik Trip is out of La Crosse WI and is in WI, IA & MN exclusively.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
I have also wondered this as more and more of them keep showing up in the metro of MN.

Do you think the "kwik trip" name is just a way to cover up It's actually BP to those people that still wont fill up there because of the spill?

No, the Kwik Trip franchise has been in business for a long time, since the 50s I think, and predates the problems BP is having.

It's possible the gas may be BP's but the BP stations around here do not offer the 91 octane ethanol free that Kwik Trip sells. In fact Kwik Trip's 91 octane is the only ethanol free gas I've found locally.

We have a bunch of Quick Trips (QT) around here. I was using them prior to even knowing about Top Tier due to consistently competitive pricing and very clean facilities. I wondered who made their gas, but wasn't really sure it mattered as it seems to be decent quality. The cars in which I have used it were all port-injected and never required the use of any additives to maintain good performance and fuel economy. So many new ones have opened here over the last three years that there really isn't a need to go anywhere else.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Originally Posted By: volk06
Quik trip is BP but I'm not sure about the kwik ones.

I believe they are entirely separate companies. IIRC Quik Trip is out of Oklahoma and have their stations in the south central states. Kwik Trip is out of La Crosse WI and is in WI, IA & MN exclusively.

Hence why I said I'm not sure about the kwik ones.

Wish we had that here. In southeastern Wisconsin it is all a blend, with 93 being sold at nearby Kwik Trip (with ETOH of course).

Originally Posted By: R80RS
I always wondered who makes gas sold at Kwik Trip & Kwik Star stations.

http://www.kwiktrip.com/

In my part of WI the gas is sold as Top Tier in 87, 89 and 91 octane. Some stations also carry E85, natural gas, and diesel. The 91 octane gas is ethanol free, and it is my preferred fuel in my lawn & garden equipment. In an earlier thread I saw someone thought it was sourced from BP, but there was no other information. Anyone know?

I've confused QUICK trip with KWIK trip...
happy2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well about 10 miles west of Stevens Point, Wi. just off Hwy 10. There is a gasoline terminal. I believe it is called or owned by Flint Hills. Everyday there are many Kwik Trip tankers lined up. As well as Shell and Citgo. Must be the place for this part of the state. I have seen as many as 50 truck lined up at anyone time.
For what is worth Kwik Trip's main office is in Lacrosse, WI. First Store was in Eau Claire, WI. in 1965 They do not have anything to do with BP.

I had heard in the 80's that most of the gasoline in a particular area comes from a single terminal and the only thing that differentiates brands is additive package.

If that is true it would make a lot of sense because gasoline SHOULD have consistent chemistry, don't you think?

We don't have any BP refineries in northern MN, so there not getting any fuel from bp in our area.

What DBMaster said is what I've heard all my life. I know that means nothing.

What Papa Bear suggested can be fruitful. You may, however, get the driver who will not issue one detail about anything.

Kira

Originally Posted By: LC
Well about 10 miles west of Stevens Point, Wi. just off Hwy 10. There is a gasoline terminal. I believe it is called or owned by Flint Hills. Everyday there are many Kwik Trip tankers lined up. As well as Shell and Citgo. Must be the place for this part of the state. I have seen as many as 50 truck lined up at anyone time.
For what is worth Kwik Trip's main office is in Lacrosse, WI. First Store was in Eau Claire, WI. in 1965 They do not have anything to do with BP.

This is correct. Most of the gasoline, in MN, WI, and some of IA is mostly if not all from Flint Hills Pine Bend refinery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back