Kumho Solus KR21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Do you REALLY need new tires?

No, I just saw them at the place and wanted to ask for when/if months go by and there is snow out. Not thinking of buying these just yet.

My truck has the 31"s on it. Two or three of them could stand to be replaced, one is fine. But, for inspection before the 31st or 28th.. they are fine..

Last edited:
I don't like the ones I have, wearing very fast... handling was okay last winter (they were new/near new at that time) - issues were probably more due to the amount of snow and the car itself than the tires.

I doubt I will buy them again.

The tires on your blazer are not that good, however, these are not going to be an improvement for winter.

Last edited:
I have them on my Ion and they're a decent tire. I once had them on my Buick as well. They certainly aren't going to last anywhere near the 80K miles that they're rated for. They are more like a 45K tire.

Agreed. I think they're decent tires for the money (had them on another Toyota Tacoma and they're on the '88 240 now) but you probably won't get more than 40K or so out of them.

Im not a big Kumho or Handkook fan. I have ran both brands on cars on and off the track. My bottom line? They suck.

They are good tires for those on a budget that NEED tires like NOW. Otherwise I prefer Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop etc. Hard to beat the Yokes though.

I know your application may vary, but I have some track experience in my past cars and tried MANY brands of tires. The Yokohama and Dunlops I always preferred.

Good Luck.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Im not a big Kumho or Handkook fan. I have ran both brands on cars on and off the track. My bottom line? They suck.

They are good tires for those on a budget that NEED tires like NOW. Otherwise I prefer Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop etc. Hard to beat the Yokes though.

I know your application may vary, but I have some track experience in my past cars and tried MANY brands of tires. The Yokohama and Dunlops I always preferred.

Good Luck.

Jeff

Curious.. What did you think of Michelins and Pirellis, two "track champs" I always thought they were? (I already know Goodyear is hit or miss. Eagle RS-A...)

I've got them on my echo. They are wearing very well there. Had them on my lh but I ruined them by parking my car for two years....

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Do you REALLY need new tires?

No. He's just posting random questions that aren't linked to any particular need... like always.

I used to recomend the KR-21's often to friend/family but, after seeing them in a short period of time/mileage, they wore fast often viberating.

The KR-21's started out great and those who had them new, loved'em but, they just didn't hold up.

If I could get them cheap(as usual) and I had a car that needed tire to sell the car, these may be the best of the CHEAP tires. Or those tires that you only need for a short period of time until you sell your vehicle.

The KR-21's performed quite well when new. They:
Balanced well
Good hydroplaning resistance
Good snow/ice traction
and many other things too...see their reviews/scores

Last edited:
I think they are okay on a light vehicle. But on a larger car, they suck. I have them on my ciera, they handle awful, they are amost shot all the way around at around 29k.

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX

Good Luck.

Jeff

Curious.. What did you think of Michelins and Pirellis, two "track champs" I always thought they were? (I already know Goodyear is hit or miss. Eagle RS-A...)

Both are over priced IMO. Michelins as for street tires are off my list. Had a set of primacy mxv4s on a sedan I had. After 10k miles the tread started peeling off. I mean literally peeling off. Took the car to discount tire because a buddy of mine worked there and told me a Michelin rep was going to be there. Went over talked to the rep and know what he said? "That is normal tread deformation from the roads in your area and are NOT covered under warranty" after I lost my argument I politely said "I think that is a poor built tire and Michelin will never see a dime of my money again kind sir". Never touched a Michelin since.

As for for Pirellis I had some better luck. Ran pzero's for several track sessions but the Dunlop direzza star specs were so much better and cheaper I stopped buying Pirellis. Just better or as good tires for less money. Unfortunately Kuhmos and Handkooks are not on that list either. Just personal experience with them was sub par at best.

That's what it comes down to in my book.

Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back