Firestone oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a coupon in the mail for $13 off an oil and filter (will probably bring own filter) change at Firestone. Does anyone know if oil changes here show up on the Carfax as a service record? My wife's Altima has been serviced 100 percent at the dealer, so every oil change and a recent coolant flush will show up on the Carfax. Just wanted to keep the record going so when we get ready to trade the Carfax will show how well maintained the car was.

Too bad it doesn't show how often I wash the thing! That car is spotless! haha

I would assume that it does not reflect on Carfax. Also, I would be surprised if the Carfax report affected your future trade in value, other than damage of course.

Well it's not so much for trade in value, but when I was looking for a used car for my sister, it was nice to see on the Carfax that the prospective car had been to the dealer every 5k miles and what exactly they did. Kind of just a since of security for the next owner at really no extra expense to me. Dealer oil changes are only $19.99 with Valvoline and a Nissan oil filter.

The GoodYear I work at provides all service records to CarFax including oil changes. I don't know if Firestone does or not.

My service logs got me a few hundred extra when I traded in my Malibu. No CarFax necessary.

I would much rather see and trust an owners own maintenance log than a Carfax report.

i don't know if it appears on a history report (it might) but if you use mycarfax you can add to the service history...

i just shot them an email asking if it does... since i'm not going to spend $40 to confirm it

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I would much rather see and trust an owners own maintenance log than a Carfax report.

Absolutely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back