Give dog up or beg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Leaky i am in for $65 cost of the meds if the vet will give the prescription if not i pray others will help out too.

Just PM me with your PayPal No thanks needed.

Normally i would just do this by PM but i would like others to look into their own hearts.

Same -- PM me. I will gladly help out here. No need for the dog to suffer, nor for you to worry about losing the dog.

Please do whatever it takes to take care of him. I'd do without for my pets no matter what. All our pets ask for is love,and in return they love us unconditionally.

Not sure if the board here allows,but maybe you could start a donation thread for him. I donate money everytime I'm in Petsmart or Petco.

Edit-I just saw Trav's post. PM me as well Leakyseals and I'll Paypal you a lil something as well. I love animals and always help whenever I can.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: abycat
Originally Posted By: dparm
You guys need to get your [censored] together and not have pets if you cant afford them. Would it be right if someone put you down because they could not make a few extra dollers because they were spending their spare time on an oil forum instead of a little extra work. Thats almost as bad as getting rid of their pet cause the place they move to doesnt allow pets. I will never let my pets down. Ever. Hope your dog is worth the 65 $. I think it is. And yes I would beg or steal for mine.

Things happen and people lose their jobs. Pets are indeed expensive but there are always emergencies or accidents.

BTW, aren't there preventative vaccinations for Lyme disease? Probably cheaper and safer than the yearly infection + treatment.

True I dont mean to be a **** but people need to man up more. Not taking the easy way out just because you can. Your country is getting pretty selfish and if it cared a little more about other things that live in it we would not have to worry about this thread. I bet you dont treat your un living car like that. Why would you treat a living being like that.

So are you saying if you lost your job and have a family to feed and pay for you would choose the dog over your family. He's trying to take care of the dog WITHOUT giving the dog up and wanted advice. You sir are indeed a being a ****. You even drag the whole country thing into it which is nonsense and irrelevant.

PM me as well. I can help out a little.

I think it would be a good idea Leaky if you PM'd us all in one conversation, so we know how much you need and how much we all can give.

We buy a lot of our stuff from this website for livestock. Just get a prescription from your vet and send it in. If your vet wont do it, I know around here if you go to the animal center and tell them you need help and want not, they are usually pretty helpful and might be able to give you a prescription.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?...gas=doxycycline

Do you have a vet/livestock supply type store in your area?
I pretty much give my dogs all the vaccinations they need minus the rabies. I also give them their rattlesnake vaccinations. Plus whatever treatment they might need utilizing antibiotics. If they get cuts I can put a few stitches as needed. Etc.

I took my Weim into get his rabies vaccination and the vet charges 40 extra bucks to put a thermometer up his arse and put him on a scale. Why? I did not ask him to do that. I just wanted the rabies vaccine. My old country vet never charged me the 40 visit fee.

Try and get the meds from a supply type place and avoid the vet mark-up.
Keep your dog.

Last edited:
Find another vet.

They are like mechanics you need to find an honest one sympathetic to your animal and financial situation.

Vets don't make much money despite the years of schooling, thus some try to run the bill up. Plus, the outside labs charge a small fortune for blood work and such.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Online pharmacy? Not a great option but might be worth looking into. Not sure what type of quality issues (especially with pet meds) you might encounter.

Most likely better than killing it. Im done with this [censored]. Hope your dog will be ok. Please dont get any more pets.

Jeez. Come on back when your Aunt Flo finishes her visit.

Suck it up and give him to a no kill shelter. You had no reserve money in the bank so you had no business owning a pet. You are/were living on the ragged edge of your means. No buffer! Sorry bro, you made the choices not the dog. It's not his fault.Child support would be reduced a lot unemployment. Are you for real or you scamming the decent folks of this site? You have not investigated your options well enough if you are begging for money on this site.
If you have lived within your means and kept a little buffer, this wouldn't have happened.

Doxycycline can be found for aquatic use, and it's the same compound:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomas-Labs-Bird...=item1e7c86daae

Not sure what dosage your dog was on before, but 5mg per pound twice daily for 30 days is the typical dosage for dogs. So, 50mg twice a day. With a powder, dogs will normally eat it in their food.

Normally, my thoughts would be "you need to take this dog to the vet", but the truth is that the testing for Lyme disease is sketchy and often inconclusive--even in humans. Doxy is well-tolerated in dogs, and if he's symptomatic you should really try to treat him ASAP.

I have a great vet and he works with people on limited budgets. He and his partner are available 24/7. After hours cost a little more but for him to come in at 2:00 AM it is worth it. Try to find a caring vet. Some of the patients families donate money to the vet take care of needy little ones. He will contact you when he uses your donation and send a picture of the little one. I am sure my vet is not the only one.

Please PM me so I can do a little to help your baby.

My dogs are very important to me and many of the members on this site feel the same way about their pets. Please do not judge us and criticize our priorities. The pet gives us unconditional love and we appreciate the fact that we are never alone. You never plan on losing your job etc.

Helen

Get your vet records (important) and get a 2nd opinion. I found a vet I love, out in the country, when my cat got mauled in the woods and needed emergency surgery and my old vet was too lazy for the work.

I am in. Add me to the PM list. I will help as much as I can although it isn't much as I don't have much myself these days. I will help what I can though as obviously the OP thinks of his dog the way I do mine.

I was in the OP's position myself with a Black Lab that needed $160 a month worth of JUST ONE of his heart med's to keep him alive. I wound up sick and disabled w/ MS out of the blue not too long after his diagnosis. That made it very tough financially to get Thunder his med's those last months of his life but I found a way by cutting back what I could, doing without for myself, and with the help of family.

Clearly the OP has done all of that and is at the end of his ability to do so. He needs help and my heart goes out to him. The people on here beating up on the OP are absolutely out of their mind and make me sick. Clearly the OP cares about the dog and is/has done everything he can for it. Giving the dog up is going to kill the OP and most likely the dog too( dog is old and would be heart broken going to a new home ).

I would never wish such hard times on anyone but you can't help sort of wishing some of the JERKS in this thread fall on hard times themselves, even if just for a short time, and see how fast it can happen and how hard it can hit you no matter how prepared you are. I wonder how high and mighty and preacher like they would be if it happened to them?

Sometimes the things people on this site say just blows me away with how cruel and ignorant they can be.

Leakyseals you can PM me too, I'll be more than happy to throw a few bucks your way towards medicine/vet if needed.
smile.gif

You guys need to get your [censored] together and not have pets if you cant afford them. Would it be right if someone put you down because they could not make a few extra dollers because they were spending their spare time on an oil forum instead of a little extra work. Thats almost as bad as getting rid of their pet cause the place they move to doesnt allow pets. I will never let my pets down. Ever. Hope your dog is worth the 65 $. I think it is. And yes I would beg or steal for mine.

Things happen and people lose their jobs. Pets are indeed expensive but there are always emergencies or accidents.

BTW, aren't there preventative vaccinations for Lyme disease? Probably cheaper and safer than the yearly infection + treatment.

True I dont mean to be a **** but people need to man up more. Not taking the easy way out just because you can. Your country is getting pretty selfish and if it cared a little more about other things that live in it we would not have to worry about this thread. I bet you dont treat your un living car like that. Why would you treat a living being like that.

What are you talking about? This guy has hit hard times, something that could happen to anyone in any country. He is trying to take care of his family without losing his dog -- I think that's a very noble thing to do. Why do you automatically assume the worst of him?

Seriously, you need to leave the OP alone.

Well said. Leakyseals is a long time poster on this forum and I have a lot of respect for him for trying to do the best he can.

Leaky send me a PM and I'll paypal you some too. I do think you need another vet if they are taking that tone

Leakyseals: another thought: go online and look for "no kill" rescue groups in your area and talk to them. They may help you come up with a decent solution to you problem. Otherwise, check out the on-line overseas pharmacy's for the product you need. Its avail without prescription at a fair price. I sent you a PM re' one of these.

Another PM coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back