B'laster Oil and Fuel Adds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Farm & Fleet in Kankakee the other day and they have about the most extensive oil selection and oil+fuel add selection I have ever seen. There were many things I had never seen before.

What really made me chuckle was that they even had PB Blaster Oil Additive and Trans Additive! Both were pretty thin, not the typical molasses, and of course claimed to reduce friction, extend engine (or trans) life etc. and even had a cheesy looking label like their penetrating oil does. Then I saw that they have a PB Blaster fuel injector cleaner as well. I didn't open any of them to see if they smell as bad as the penetrating oil. I guess just about anyone can throw together a mixture of stuff and sell it as an additive!

Also of note, was that they had a great supply of VSOT, which I had never seen anywhere around here, even at Napa. It was also the first time I had seen the little "One Shot" bottles of MMO. There were so many other things there I can't even remember them all.

For those of you that live in the Midwest and have access to a Farm & Fleet, I fully recommend taking an afternoon, yes, and afternoon, without the wife and wandering both the extremely extensive oil and oil additves/fuel additive aisles. From there you can spend the rest of the day looking at about a hundred car waxes, power tools, lawnmowers, four wheelers, fishing gear, animal husbandry items, tires, camping stuff, RV, etc. Whenever I go there I feel like Homer in that episode of the Simpsons where he goes to the land where everything is made of chocolate.
bowdown.gif

I actually seek out the B'laster line of chemicals when I'm looking for penetrants and lubes. They make a great dry lube for garage doors.

I've seen their fuel and oil additives at Big Lots! but I've never tried them.

We have Fleet Farm here, but they don't have quite the selection that Farm & Fleet has. Farm & Fleet stores are in the southern part of WI, and Fleet Farm are further north.

It was two brothers that started both stores and kept them in areas that wouldn't compete against one another.

I don't know about Farm and Fleet, but I love the Fleet Farm stores. I live in Montana and vacation in Minnesota (where my wife and I are from) almost every year. I never fail to hit the Fleet Farm stores there at least a couple times. I buy more there than at any other type of store while in Minnesota. It a great all-around big box store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back