Neutra 131 maintenance dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I noticed that I still have a few bottles of Schaeffer Neutra 131 left, and wanted to use them up in my fuel system, but I cannot seem to find what the normal maintenance dose is? The bottle simply says to add one bottle for 10-20 gallons of fuel but that's obviously the shock dosage.

I figure the maintenance dose might be similar to Fuel Power, at one ounce per 5 gallons. Is this correct?

Uh-oh....that's the shock dosage?
shocked.gif

I guess I didn't need the acetone and toluene...
grin.gif
crushedcar.gif

Man, this 24 bottles is gonna last me a LONG time!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Patman, I don't know that any real consensus was ever reached on a maintenance dose of Neutra. For some reason about 3 oz to 10 gal comes to mind. That should certainly be enough to help keep *clean* injectors & combustion chambers clean. FWIW, the standard "clean it out" dose of Neutra was 1 oz per gal- the dosage of 1 12-oz bottle for a 10-20 gal given on the 12 oz bottles is the "one size fits all, close enough for government work" version of that 1 oz/gal.

Do you have any Fuel Power? If so, I *highly* recommend trying Molakule's "MolaBrew" mix consisting of 2.5 to 3 parts Fuel Power to 1 part Neutra. Add this mix at the standard FP dose of 1 oz per 5 gal of fuel. I've been doing this for a few months now, & should have done it a couple of years ago! The phrase,"Greater than the sum of its parts" comes to mind- it works especially well in the big 94 Mercury 4.6 L V-8.

If no FP, then you might try the 3 oz per 10-12 gallons of gas. AKA ~89 ml of Neutra to ~38-45 L.
wink.gif

Stuart, I do have some Fuel Power, which I've been using for a couple of years now, which is why I still have a supply of unused 131 from before. I think your suggestion (and boxcartommies) of mixing it to make the MolaBrew is probably my best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back