Something to think about (Auto-RX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all that I've read, Auto-RX seems to be an amazing, revolutionary way to resurrect a poorly running engine. Here's what I have a hard time trying to understand though: Let's say you use it for worn piston rings or leaking seals. How exactly does it "fix" them? In theory, once a part has worn down, I can't imagine it coming back to life, (as if it was thousands of miles younger) through simply putting something in your oil.

I'm not questioning the effectiveness of Auto-RX, I'm just curious how exactly this stuff has become so effective in doing (what would seem like) an impossible task?

Auto-Rx will do nothing for worn rings. However, a common problem is deposits in the piston ring glands/grooves that cause the rings to stick.

The esters in Auto-Rx will have a tendency to penetrate & help free up any sticky ring problems.

As far as seals, it will clean away sludge build-up or coating around the seals & allow the solvency additives in the motor oil add pack to re-new the pliability of the rubber sealing material.

With an Auto-Rx treatment, it's always interesting to examine the oil drain pan and cut apart the filter cartridge to view the accumulations of silty sludge, and grains & flakes of hard carbon deposits.

AutoRx is not a fix for worn rings, worn valve guides/seals or worn/torn crank/camshaft seals.

AutoRx is just a cleaner in restoring your engine back to the state where it should be(otta be).

It is not a miracle cure of severely neglected engines nor worn engines. Those would still require proper mechanical service (RE&RE)

Remember: it cleans out any oil-related accumulation so as to restore proper lubricating properties.

Yes because every oil no matter how good breaks down and leaves something behind. I should know, I ran AUTO-RX on a 35K mile car, posted the results here with pictures, am 1k miles into the rinse phase and will be posting updates at the end of my 3k rinse run. I always believed that any oil will cook where it moves the slowest, and where does it move the slowest and gets the most punishment, in and around the top ring (my opinion) , little heat exchange and thus the break down of just about any oil. I have seen the evidence myself on totaled new cars whose new engines have been disassembled, + no carbon means proper lubrication thus mean failure time as described on AUTO-RX’s web site is pushed back.

Frank, are you still recommending a three-ounce maintenance dose with every oil change?

Assuming the engine is already clean, I'm wondering if the esters in ARX will compete too agressively with the anti-wear add-pack in an oil (or even the oil itself) for surface attraction -- possibly leading to higher wear long term.

Your thoughts?

Auto-Rx will "NOT" fix broken rings or any other oil lubricated rotating internal engine part.

Auto-Rx will "ALTER" the effects of wear and after cleaned by Auto-Rx parts worn or not will return to OEM specs for size.

This is how we clean ring packs and why why get the results we do.

This is what I will be trying on my next oil change, I have two identical Saturn engines and one sees about 30K a year so I will be using the maintenance dose and in the other 7K/year Saturn I will be using 10% LC to see if there are any differences.

From all UOA, I have seen, even in the full cleaning ratio, the additive packages in the host oil are not at all negatively effected. Cleaning and rinse mode, wear metals are lower.
Therefor I do not see where a 3 ounce maintenance dose could be a negative, competing with existing add package of the host oil. The increased lubricity of a 3 ounce dose is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back