Two asymmetric tires and two symmetric tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Since my 2 tires are worn out I am going to replace them. I was thinking of replacing them with two asymmetric tires (choosing them because of good price).

So after tire change, I will be having two symmetric tires and two asymmetric tires. Is this a bad idea?
Would it be better to go with symmetric tires (so all 4 are symmetric), or 2 asymmetric and 2 symmetric would make no difference?

Originally Posted By: sgvaibhav
or 2 asymmetric and 2 symmetric would make no difference?

I'm sure it'll make some difference since you're talking about two different tires with different tread designs, rubber compounds, sidewall stiffness, etc. But it's anyone's guess how much of a difference it'll be. It may be very little.

It'd probably make the most difference in the rain, but since it doesn't rain much in Dubai, I wouldn't worry too much.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
or 2 asymmetric and 2 symmetric would make no difference?

I'm sure it'll make some difference since you're talking about two different tires with different tread designs, rubber compounds, sidewall stiffness, etc. But it's anyone's guess how much of a difference it'll be. It may be very little.

It'd probably make the most difference in the rain, but since it doesn't rain much in Dubai, I wouldn't worry too much.

I agree. If they're on the same axle it shouldn't be a problem.

yep.
2 front, and 2 rear is the plan.

and regular rotations at specified intervals.
here all that the tires encounter is dust, high speed, high temperatures.

now im concerned about the rotation pattern. My car manual states move front to back and back to front...
but now since i will be using combination of symmetric and asymmetric, will it change (i know i think of things little far)

Last edited:
now im concerned about the rotation pattern. My car manual states move front to back and back to front...
but now since i will be using combination of symmetric and asymmetric, will it change (i know i think of things little far)

Why would it change? It'll still be the same. Front to back, back to front.

So it was previously this. (image attached)
Will it still be the same? (referring to the image)
attachm...on-rotation-png

robj80-albums-custom-parts-decals-other-picture3193-tire-rotation.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Let's assume that when you buy these 2 new assymetric tires, you'll put them on the back. When it's time to rotate, you'll just move them to the front. Done.

Hi,

Since my 2 tires are worn out I am going to replace them. I was thinking of replacing them with two asymmetric tires (choosing them because of good price).

So after tire change, I will be having two symmetric tires and two asymmetric tires. Is this a bad idea?
Would it be better to go with symmetric tires (so all 4 are symmetric), or 2 asymmetric and 2 symmetric would make no difference?

There can be quite a difference between tires that is not reflected by the symmetry. The difference could be very little or it could be HUGE!!

So without knowing what make and model tires are involved, we just shooting in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back