Aztek radio lock code

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the dealer?

Usually you hold down buttons 2&3 and get a pre-code then call an 800 number with a dealer code and get the results.

Probably need to take the radio to a GM dealer. As long as they know the code is needed for legitimate purposes they may be able to retrieve the code with the serial number, or maybe they might have a master code in the service dept. Even though there are no Pontiac dealers anymore a good GM service guy may be able to help you out with it.

Need a GM Tech 2. If you were near me I would do it for you. Here is the procedure:

Service Information

2002 Pontiac Aztek - AWD | Aztek, Rendezvous VIN A/B Service Manual | Document ID: 763117
Radio Setup
Important: The Radio Setup option does not contain a submenu. Radio Setup will configure the following systems:
• Steering wheel controls
• Learn VIN
• DTCs
• Class 2 radio messages
The radio setup procedure will also clear the following messages:

• CAL
• CAL ERROR
• CALIBRATE
To setup a new radio for the vehicle, perform a VIN Relearn, located in the Special Functions section on the scan tool. Cycle the ignition when complete.

If the radio is not properly setup, the radio will display a locked message (LOC) or Calibrate.

Radio Tuner Calibration
Important: The Country Code option does not contain a submenu. Country Code sets the point of sale, or origin, in the radio in order to calibrate the tuner for the country that the vehicle will be used in.
To calibrate the radio, select COUNTRY CODE under the Special Functions menu on the scan tool.

Radio Chime Volume Selection
Important: The Loud Chime Volume option and Chime Level option does not contain a submenu. This selection is used for setting the volume when the radio is replaced.
To set the chime volume, select CHIME SETTINGS under the Special Functions screen and follow correct menu headings.

© 2013 General Motors. All rights reserved.

So I need a dealer with the special tool? It's for a friends Aztek that I replaced the BCM on. Thanks
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Need a GM Tech 2. If you were near me I would do it for you. Here is the procedure:

Service Information

2002 Pontiac Aztek - AWD | Aztek, Rendezvous VIN A/B Service Manual | Document ID: 763117
Radio Setup
Important: The Radio Setup option does not contain a submenu. Radio Setup will configure the following systems:
• Steering wheel controls
• Learn VIN
• DTCs
• Class 2 radio messages
The radio setup procedure will also clear the following messages:

• CAL
• CAL ERROR
• CALIBRATE
To setup a new radio for the vehicle, perform a VIN Relearn, located in the Special Functions section on the scan tool. Cycle the ignition when complete.

If the radio is not properly setup, the radio will display a locked message (LOC) or Calibrate.

Radio Tuner Calibration
Important: The Country Code option does not contain a submenu. Country Code sets the point of sale, or origin, in the radio in order to calibrate the tuner for the country that the vehicle will be used in.
To calibrate the radio, select COUNTRY CODE under the Special Functions menu on the scan tool.

Radio Chime Volume Selection
Important: The Loud Chime Volume option and Chime Level option does not contain a submenu. This selection is used for setting the volume when the radio is replaced.
To set the chime volume, select CHIME SETTINGS under the Special Functions screen and follow correct menu headings.

I didn't know you replaced the BCM.

You need a Tech 2 for that repair, too:

Service Information

2002 Pontiac Aztek - AWD | Aztek, Rendezvous VIN A/B Service Manual | Document ID: 1981881
Body Control Module BCM Programming/RPO Configuration
Introduction
During body control module (BCM) related service, the procedures below are designated to set-up the BCM correctly. Before you start, read these procedures carefully and completely.

Setup New Body Control Module (BCM)
Important:
• The BCM will not function properly if the Setup New BCM procedure is not performed.
• Make sure the battery is fully charged before performing the setup procedure.
• Make sure all disconnected devices and connectors have been reconnected
• Make sure that the VIN that is stored in the new BCM matches the vehicle.
• If the scan tool displays UNABLE TO PROGRAM BCM. BCM IS SECURED, then the BCM must be replaced and this procedure must be repeated on a new BCM
1. Turn the ignition switch ON leaving the engine Off.
2. Navigate to the Special Functions menu in the Body Control Module menu on the Scan Tool, then enter Setup New BCM, perform the following setup procedures in the order they are listed:
• Setup SDM Part Number in BCM
• New VIN
• Option Configuration
• Point of Sale
3. After all of the previous procedures are complete proceed with the Theft Deterrent Re-learn procedure. Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components in Theft Deterrent.
4. If the scan tool displays UNABLE TO PROGRAM BCM. BCM IS SECURED, then the BCM must be replaced and this procedure must be repeated on a new BCM.
NOTE: After the above procedure has been completed, personalization of the BCM defaults to the factory settings. Inform the customer that the personalization settings must be set again.

Everything I read led me to believe that a BCM needed to be programmed. I took my friends car to the dealer and they had it for awhile then called me in to tell me the BCM is plug and play.

I thought it was odd that the advisor let me make the appt. come in etc then the tech says plug and play after the fact. I don't work for a dealer, so I have no access to any tools other than hand tools and code reader.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Everything I read led me to believe that a BCM needed to be programmed. I took my friends car to the dealer and they had it for awhile then called me in to tell me the BCM is plug and play.

I thought it was odd that the advisor let me make the appt. come in etc then the tech says plug and play after the fact. I don't work for a dealer, so I have no access to any tools other than hand tools and code reader.

Nope, BCM is not plug and play as indicated by the General Motors Service manual that most lazy techs don't even read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back