Ideas for the Best oil for a rotary engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OB4x4
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Those have oil injection on start up dont they? - wouldnt need and UCL since there is no Upper Cylinder - or any cylinder
smile.gif

While they don't have a traditional reciprocating engine type of cylinder they do benefit greatly from some type of lube in the gas. Wankel's require a lubricant in the combustion chamber to promote seal longevity, in particular the Apex seals. It's why mazda Wankels are designed to burn a little oil, and why so many (particularly H.O. applications)run additional lubricants in the gas;mostly 2t oil.

Artem how's the t6 been working for you? I've always heard all the rotary guys say to stay away from synthetic. Except for the Idemitsu rotary syn(the one used in the 787b motor).

I don't see any negative side effects... yet. I visit 8,000rpm+ on a daily basis and she just keeps asking for more.

The Mercedes Wankels had a porous spot in the lower part of the inlet manifold that allowed a small film of oil to creep along the bottom of the manifold, and meet the apex seals at exactly the point that they needed to be lubed, rather than lubing all of the air fuel mix.

Always thought that a Mazda would be great with an inverse oiler, running 2 stroke oil in the slow spot at the bottom of the manifold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back