Cooper Zeon RS3-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have any experience on these?

I just happened to notice DTD has these for 106$

with 150$ in MIR.. starting tomorrow.

so 424+tax free shipping

looking at 235/55R17

They look like Cooper copied the tread design from the ContiExtremeContact DWS tires. If they perform anything like them, they'll be great tires in snow/rain, but with very soft sidewalls as a compromise.

No guarantees they'll perform anything alike, though.

I just put a set on my Accord last week and so I can not give a good review because I have very few miles on the tires. The seem a little softer then the Falkens that came off my car.

All kinds of conflicting data between reviews in TireRack and 1010tires on other tire models. So I reupped with Consumer Reports (hereafter, CR) hoping for some different guidance.

CR Ratings are what brought my attention to the tire disc in this thread:

Saw that CR had this tire rated very high - top of UHP A/S though I don't see this tire as all season, really. Still, it is rated by CR as follows: Excellent for tread wear and wet braking, very good for dry braking, wet handling, rolling resistance, dry handling, hydroplaning, and noise. Only "good" for remaining categories of ice braking, ride and snow traction.

Maybe downgrade to only "good" for ride means sidewalls might not be as soft as some guessed?

So I Googled it a bit and found this new thread in BITOG.

I'm ALSO looking for 235/55ZR17's - my app is 2006 'stang GT, so I'm considering these tires. Wish Conti DW was available in this size. Conti DWS has it, but mixed reviews away from TireRack stating mostly vibrations and no help with re-balancing, overnight flat spotting, etc.

Not sure if above CR info helps or not, but there it is for whatever CR's tests are or are not worth.

Looks like 245/50ZR17 would also fit my car and wheels ok though usually about .3 or .4 smaller tire OD.

Subbed; any suggestions appreciated.

Micke

Originally Posted By: Rand
anyone have any experience on these?

I just happened to notice DTD has these for 106$

with 150$ in MIR.. starting tomorrow.

so 424+tax free shipping

looking at 235/55R17

If ya' don't mind, what is MIR? I'd like to look at that sale. Thx,

For the price, I was looking at these, and the new Nitto Motivo as well. Both are decently priced. I've read a lot of good things about the Cooper. I haven't read much of anything about the Motivo yet.

I saw the CR rated the Cooper very high this year. They probably know more than the average joe schmoe writing a review on the interwebs.

Re: CR and their testing, yeah, I sure agree.

I saw that CR testing and TireRack feedback too often disagree.

I've been reading TireRack feedback extensively and I've identified several possible ringer "customers" entering feedback for many different tires on the same or similar dates. Their english is pretty rough so it makes matching up the bad vernacular all too easy. There is a clear pattern in their repeated flubs no matter which of many tires they are "reviewing".

I therefore came to doubt TireRack's feedback. Are these manufacturer's hired ringers leaving all this fluffy feedback? Similarly, it appears there are some snipers in there doing the opposite.

My plan: Try to merge top performers both in TireRack and CR and pick a few top performers that they actually DO agree upon.

1010tires feedback I found to be worthless. Snipers in there dumping way too many fatal feedback on every single tire. I'm 'sposed to believe there are NO acceptable tires at all? Not buying it.

Matching up the ringers in 1010tires is a little more subtle, but I think they have it going on, too.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid 'cause I can't find my aluminum foil hat!?
crazy2.gif

If I am just being paranoid, then I must conclude that most people giving tire feedback are bipolar. har har

Last edited:
since tirerack doesnt sell coopers not sure where you are getting reviews on their site from?

I was actually looking for a set of tires in 225/55r17 and another set in 225/60r17

but other close sizes are ok too.

well I'm passing they are out of stock on these and I the cooper rebate doesnt apply to these?? I guess I cant read..

now I have to decide if I want kumho ku22's in the next hour for the double rebate lol..

probably pass. I just dislike these stock tires I have.

Nothing wrong with them except I am picky and like more than round and black from my tires.

Originally Posted By: Rand
well I'm passing they are out of stock on these and I the cooper rebate doesnt apply to these?? I guess I cant read..

now I have to decide if I want kumho ku22's in the next hour for the double rebate lol..

probably pass. I just dislike these stock tires I have.

Nothing wrong with them except I am picky and like more than round and black from my tires.

I hear ya'. I went a different direction, too. I went kinda' pricey. I call this 'stang "shark". It's a 2006 stang GT, FRPP supercharged, intercooled, WMI, bla bla.

Where I live in the so called "high desert mountains" of Colorado, it is frequently dry in winter but very cold. Might have to drive shark in some snow, occasionally, too.

Went with stock sized Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus - same size for all 4 corners. Just pulled the trigger in TireRack a few minutes ago. $80 rebate will pretty much cover the extended road hazard warranty I purchased.

There's definitely way better prices for very good tires. This is just how I decided to go this time around.

Coulda' saved a few bucks in fleabay, but I wanted TR's easy return policy -- I'm gonna have the tire guy check all 4 carefully for runout. Any egg shaped? Then that one is going back before it is ever on the ground. No more shakers, I hope...

Best of luck with whatever you decide on!

Micke

Last edited:
I'm currently running RS3-As as a winter tire for my Mazdaspeed 3 and a year-round tire on my son's X3. I have been very pleased with the tires in both applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back