Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 / Supreme 9000 Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that based on results that many have had here using that particular oil, that having a quality group III as part of the base oil makeup does not necessarily an inferior oil make. I think for example, you will find that for approx $16 a gallon, the Schaeffers 5W-40 performs comparably to Delvac 1 for example, at way less cost. If cost is not a concern, then why not use the Amsoil, Delvac 1, or Redline offerings? I think that Schaeffers may have some of the most cost effective oils out there, meaning performance for your dollar. If it's important to you to have an oil with mostly PAO/Ester, regardless of performance, then definitely skip the Schaeffers offerings.

Supreme 9000 racing is a 5W-50, not a 5W-40. Easy to miss that detail. It probably has way more VII in the formula and has a much lower TBN, making it less desireable for diesel engines and better for racing, possibly. I would think that a 20W50 racing oil would be better.

bwmtechguy:
thankx for catching my mistake in regards to the 9000 racing oil being a 5w50 instead of what i stated, 5w40.

After looking at the MSDS, it would appear that there is a considerably higher PAO content in the 5W-50 racing oil than in the 5W-40. Go check it out on the Schaefferoil website. Maybe this way they were able to formulate a high viscosity index oil without the use of lots of VII, making it a more stable viscosity for its intended use in racing. I would guess that this oil performs and holds up way better that the Castrol 5W-50 synthetic, for example and at an equal or better price- the Schaeffer way of doing things. I've never priced that particular oil. Is it more expensive than the 5W-40?

i thought i saw on the schaeffer site somewhere there was a 9000 5w40 racing oil. just rec'd this email from schaeffer's.

The difference is that the additive package for Supreme 9000 5W40 is designed for diesel engines. The Racing 5W40 is for racing applications and has a little more anti-wear.

Thanks

Phil Hamilton

Phil must have skimmed over the weight . There is no 5-40 racing oil. Our specific racing oils are 5-50,20-50 blend,20-50 mineral,30,40,50w mineral.

Quote:

i have to say that i was dissapointed when i found out that 9000 5w40 their so called full synthetic oil is a grp 3/4 oil...

I don't mind if the 9000 5W40 is made from the #@$%! of 12 old Chinese women; it kicked a full group 4 oil's tail in tests that I ran on my farm equipment. Delvac 1 is 27$ a gallon. I just paid about 18$ for Schaeffers gallon. There was a time that you could not have convinced me that a group 3/4 blend could compete with a group 4 but I have learned better. Schaeffer prices their 9000 oil accordingly and the content is clearly and openly listed on their website for all to see. It is not something they hide nor do I feel they need to hide. It's one of the best bargains on oil going right now.
drool.gif

I just ordered a case of the S9000 5w-50 racing oil. I was disappointed when I was mis-quoted a price when ordering and even more disappointed when it showed up with half of one jug all over the box since they didnt seal properly.

Going in my motorcycles, will report how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back