sweet deal on new(er) tires & rims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2006 Silverado has the factory 20' crome 6 spoke wheels. since i purchased it ive always had mixed opinion on these rims, There a little flashy for my taste. So im talking to my friend at the motorcycle shop and he has recently purchased a set of "XL-XD" brand name 18' rims, and Sumoto A/T tires in a 33'. Its funny i showed these exact same tires and rims to my wife saying that there just what id like to have on my truck, they look a lot more off road and a lot less city slicker :) So he offer's to sell me his new/used set as he has just lifted his titan and want's 35' under it. So long story short he helped me sell my flashy rims and tires on ebay and now im mounting up what i wanted all along.. and the real icing on it is his tires have less than 2,000 miles on them. mine have over 10,000 sometimes, things just go your way :)

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Post some pictures

+1

Sounds good!

i will post pics when i get them mounted this week, im looking forward to it.

Wish you would have mentioned selling your 20's here.... I'd have been interested in them for my Silverado...

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
Let us know how going from 20's to 18's affects ride and handling. I bet it will improve.

Well, I did too many things at once to be able to put my finger on it, i lifted the truck 2' with blocks in the rear and the leveling kit on the front, (i know this stiffend thigs up a tick on the front) and going up to LT 8 PLY 325/65/18 from (P) 4 PLY 265/55/20. the truck rides a bit stiffer now but i somewhat expected that. I gained approximately 3.5' of lift The shop only had 28psi in all four corrners and it was a nightmare driving it home (mushy and bouncy) I called my buddy thats a tire gu-ru and he recomended 40 psi rear, 42 psi front, AND 50 PSI when i have a load on it. everything improved with his recomendations, but overall its just a slightly stiffer ride now. In the future i may order up a suspension lift for the front and have the aftermarket indexing keys turned back down some, this will improve things closer to factory ride. but i can tell you its stiffer in the back too.. so the 8ply tires arent helping ride quality but its not unbearable..it actually rides like most 2500 ive been in

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Another good thing with these wheels is it'll cost you a lot less when you need to replace the tires in the future.

I got a spooky feeling its going to take awhile to burn these off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back