Need new tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone reccomend the company offering best deal? I've been using tire discounters but if someone else has a special I would go there. Also any good suggestions for an all weather tire that is pretty good in the Ohio winter and rain and help save fuel?

For my Civic btw sorry i forgot to add that, got a huge bolt in it today and it was mostly flat by the time i drove 5 to 8 miles to my house. The low pressure indicator didn't come on though so I think I may be ok to drive it to the closest Tire Discounters as long as I pull over and inflate it when the indicator comes on.

I was thinking of getting the General Altimax HPs cause I have them on the Malibu and they seem to be a good tire.

Should I replace just the flat or both of the tires on that axle or all four?

It has something Turanzas on it now they are good on dry road but suck in the rain, tread is decent though, Id say half worn, the car when I got it used only has 28k on it atm. Id guess the tires are OEM but not sure. I could get a steel rim and mount one to it as a full size spare I guess.

A set of four at Tire Discounter is going to be around $530.00 plus tax according to the website.

Please help by morning if you can I need to get this car running again for work.

There are 2 sizes listed for 2007 Civic EX: 205/55-16 and 215/45-17, which one is on your Civic now ? The best is all 4 matched tires, second best is matched pair on the same axle.

Buying tires in a hurry will cost you more than when you have time to search for best price. General Altimax HP is a good all season tire, but $530 plus tax is too high. One of the best all season is Continental ExtremeContact DWS with long tread life, it is $120/ea for size 215/45-17 at discounttiredirect.com with free shipping, if you use bing.com you will get 10% cash back from them. Walmart will install with lifetime balance for about $16 each.

Does the Civic comes with full size spare ? If it does, use it for few days while waiting for the tires from discounttiredirect.com. Or print out the price of 4 tires from discounttiredirect.com and ask Tire Discounter to match.

Do you have Discount Tire or America Tire in your area ? They will match discounttiredirect.com because they are the same company.

Last edited:
Sears has an $80 rebate right now and a great deal on ComforTred Touring Tires (according to the website), but your local zip shows them to be out of stock.

I would printout the price from Sears.com ($490+ tax) and take it to a Goodyear Service Center and have them match it.

Geeeez! Tires are high now adays. I see why "almost new" tires at tire repair shops are so popular with my in-laws. They all have name brand tires that were OE.

Quote:
Do you have Discount Tire or America Tire in your area ? They will match discounttiredirect.com because they are the same company.
+1 That's what I did with the set of Yoko's H/T-S's purchased last month, they actually beat the price even with DTD with no tax.

Best bet, do all pricing/research online, get your best price(s) allow ~$60-75 for installation/LT balance/valves/disposal etc. and get to a brick and mortar Discount Tire store if you have one nearby. If you know your facts, have printouts, they will work hard to beat the price. If not use DT Direct, they too will price match including shipping, and get to your favorite installer. Either way, I don't think you'll be diappointed with the service and price.

Scotty-I know you're up in the Dayton area (Eaton?)-try America's Tire (same co. as DTD) in either northern Dayton or Miamisburg-do your online homework first-Bing still has their 10% cashback through DTD until 7/31.

I just put on a set of HanKook Optima H727 on my Malibu, they are a very highly reviewed 100k tire, They were $113 plus tax each installed with nitrogen, Good Luck

Ok I'll stay away from Tire Discounters, I went in today and had it patched, they said it was ok for patching, for 22.58 out the door.

I did decide that when I do need new tires, in about 5 or 10k miles I want to get Yokohama AVID ENVigor and the size that I need is 205 55 16 according to Tire Discounters I will have to go out and look at my car to make sure that is what is on there now though.

So I should printout Discount Tire DIrect and go to Discount Tire for new tires and get price matched?

I like Tire Discounters cause they are close to my house and whenevere I get a slow leak from a nail or whatever, I can limp in there and get it patched. I get quite a few slow leaks since I'm driving all day for my delivery job. Does Discount Tire fix slow leaks for free?

bullwinkle, I am in the Central/Eastern area of Columbus, OH

Is Tire Discounters really a ripoff? For the Yokohama the diff between TD and DTD is only 33.95. With the installation and shipping that isn't really much more money is it? Probably 50 for shipping and 60 for installation right?

Discount Tire wants 137.00 for the tires as well, is that installed? If they match tirerack.coms price of 91 per tire then that would be a good deal.

Last edited:
Discount Tire Direct. Absolutely great pricing, no shipping, no sales tax, aand they have a deal with Tire Kingdom for mounting.

I just bought Michelin LTX M/S2 245/75/16 load range E for less than they cost Tire Kingdom!

Super deals and super service.

If Discount Tire matches TireRack.coms price of 91 a tire that would be FANTASTIC but I have my doubts if they will or not.

Quote:
If Discount Tire matches TireRack.coms price of 91 a tire that would be FANTASTIC but I have my doubts if they will or not.
Does that $91 TR price include the shipping charges not included in the TR advertised price. DTD prices include shipping, and for me no tax. Take your print out, and I'd be surprised if DT can't beat it plus add $60-75 for installation charges.

Just curious what tire, and what size?

I was unaware DTD included shipping.

Here is the tire I want to buy, probably I'll get it around October before it snows since what I have still has about 7k/8k miles left on them, I drive about 2k a month maybe 2.5k.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/yokohama/vehicle/viewProductDetail.do?v=009371%7C2007&pc=43499

Do you know how much the road hazard warranty is? Id like to have it so if I get a nail they patch it for free.

If they match the DTD price and add 75 for install then it looks like I'll be saving about 60 bucks over Tire Discounters, so thats the price of the alignment I guess. It doesn't look like TD is a ripoff just a little more expensive to cover their "free" alignment.

Im playing phone tag with DTD now about having them match the Tire Rack price.

Last edited:
Linky no work. Did you get your final TR price with shipping and tax if applicable by going to check out?

DT brick and mortar store if nearby is still best bet. They will match or usually beat even the DTD price. And, then you get installation which includes the basic roadhazard, repair or prorated replacement depending on what's needed.

I see from link address they are Yoko tires, what type and size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back