BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would these be good tires to put on my 2001 GMC Z71? I've read good and bad about them. I know there expensive. I had a friend that had some on his and he could go almost anywhere on snow and Ice in 2wd. I have Mastercraft A/T on mine now and as far as snow and ice there worthless in my opinion but other than that there ok. I would like so input from you guys and maybe where to buy also. Thanks! My size is 265/75/16.

Last edited:
Those Dakota's look almost like the BFG's a nice looking tire. I would definantly have to order them. The nearest PepBoys is like 100 miles away. I just have walmart and local owned tire shops around here. I live in the sticks.

Originally Posted By: FordFocus
I have a customer who will only run the BFG's on his plow trucks and he loves them. The Hankooks are I nice tire too and less expensive. I would not go with the Definitys. If you want something similiar to the BFG's the General Grabber AT2's are very similiar.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2

What will you be doing with the truck? Highway, offroading, both?

I drive around 170 miles weekly on the highway to work. I live about a half mile down a gravel road. Occasional driving on grandpas farm and driving around over in the national forest.

Those are some nice tires I really like them.

Last edited:
I love my General Grabber AT2's on my 06 Tacoma wear like iron and grip well in snow, mud, gravel but they are a little loud and lost 1 to 1.5 MPG when I put them on over the stock tire.

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
These are good tires @ $180 from tirerack.com
You should look at Pep Boys DEFINITY DAKOTA A/T

LT265/75/16 @ $132

You get the 4th tire free after a mail in rebate not bad
I'm trying to get away from the Pep Boys Dakota tires. The sidewalls are extreemly thin and every little toothpick in the rd goes right through them. PepBoys road hazzard is a joke.

Dont cover squat so you end up buying a new tire instead of getting it Prorated.

There is no substitute for the durability and traction of the BFG KOs, in my opinion. You can easily pay less for a tire, but I haven't seen one case where you get more for your money.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I love my General Grabber AT2's on my 06 Tacoma wear like iron and grip well in snow, mud, gravel but they are a little loud and lost 1 to 1.5 MPG when I put them on over the stock tire.

Are your General Grabber AT2's the exact same size as your stock tire was?

Not trying to steer you to the Hankook, but they have a self shedding rock feature. It looks like the tread has some steps on the side so the rocks don't stay stuck. I did go down a gravel road a couple of times and it seemed like there were very few rocks in the tread. I was really leaning towards the BFG, but money is real tight at the moment.

The rear tires I replaced looked like a commercial commercial version of the TA. They were over 10 years old and that's why I replaced them. They still had good tread. They were noisier than the Hankooks I put on but I'm not comparing new to new, so that might not be fair.

I think any of the three tires would do fine. Tire rack shows a $60 discount on 4 tires.

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Originally Posted By: dave123

Are your General Grabber AT2's the exact same size as your stock tire was?

Yes same size 265/70/17 CR rated them as the worst rolling resistant AT tire, and my switch was on par to their findings for MPG drop the OEM tire was not an aggressive tire at all more of a all season highway tire I think that is why the big loss.

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Does anyone know what ply the General Grabber AT2's are? I cant find it anywhere.

I can only guess you are referring to the old, old way of describing what LT metric tires delinate as "Load Range", which uses a letter as a designation. C=6, D=8, etc.

I recently installed BFG AT's in the LT265/70R17 flavor on my F150. Awesome traction, nice ride, and good looks. Everything a truck guy wants in a tire.

i have the ta ko's on my tundra 4x4 tight now and i have to agree they are a great tire and i have been pleased. but, they pick up every rock in the road and all you hear is pinging on the undercarriage. i know that is a minor annoyance but that is about all i can come up with in the negative dept.

I've had these tires on every truck I've owned, and loved them. I had a 2000 GMC Z71, I put 285/75/r16 BFG's on it, they were great on road and off road. I actually took a set of Michelin LTX M/S's off of that truck that were practically brand new to put these tires on; I prefer the BFG look and tread.

I have ALOT of friends with the 2000-2005 year range Z71's, most of them run these tires, and get around 60k miles with them.

Last edited:
Thanks for your info.

I been looking at the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S to. Does anyone have anything good to say about them? I can get these here local for $145.90 each mounted and balanced with free rotation for the life of the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back