WoW !! After reading my THOUGHTS have CHANGED

Status
Not open for further replies.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

I do not know much about SynLube but I do know at the shop we found the BG flush caused problems in a number of cars. We had a Fusion, a Focus a Subaru and a Toyota Corolla all report problems with this miracle oil.So why take a chance???? If it works do not fix it.

I like how the "Synlube MicroGlass" filter is actually a HardDriver (or did Synlube just steal the graphics?), which I think has a Donaldson construction.

So are the Synlube folks relabelers or plagarists?

Best

K

I really dont get the stuff. BUT, I like their idea.

I figure if you could make an oil last the life of the car, and equip it with a filtration system that would handle it, it would really help out with the oil demand.

BUT, they'll need to do a lot more than theyre doing to make their product a serious contender. Their website doesnt help much.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
I tried it for 73000 kilometers in one car.
I really liked it, and it performed really good.

Reduced oil consumption and reduced noise from engine, springs to mind.

Had to drain it, because I was going to try other products.
Have taken care of the used Synlube, and will use it later.

People at this board that is trying to tell others what Synlube is capable of or not, without trying it, should find something better to do.

It is like if a virgin should try to tell a prostitute how to do her "job".

As I said:

Originally Posted By: labman
So who has run the stuff 100-200K?

I am not going to be an early adopter.

EVERYONE IS MISSING MY POINT. I was NOT pushing their product. I just thought their philosophy on oil viscosity weight was INTERESTING. Their table with weather and viscosity weight.

SOPUS owns Slick 50. And for the last time, Slick 50 is not the dreaded stuff it was many years ago. Shell did not believe in the formulation and did everything they could to try and sell the brand. There were no buyers at the time, however the brand sells whether you like it or not and it makes a lot of money. So, Shell completely reformulated the product to what is basically a Group II 10W-30 carrier oil with an overdose of anti-wear and anti-friction additives. And I don't believe they use any PTFE in it today.

Enough said. Everyone should talk about something they really know about.

You know I read that entire website listed above trying to slam SOPUS and Slick 50 and highly suggest slammers read it before they speak. The only Slick 50 product sold that has PTFE in it is the grease, and PTFE is a very popular additive in high end greases. ALL OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES USE IT.

Educate yourselves boys, educate.

Originally Posted By: joflewbyu2
EVERYONE IS MISSING MY POINT. I was NOT pushing their product. I just thought their philosophy on oil viscosity weight was INTERESTING. Their table with weather and viscosity weight.

I found it interesting, too. That's about 4 years ago, but unlike most people, I sat down and actually read through most of the info available on their page.

Another thing that I found interesting, is their info about mineral, synthetic and semi synthetic oil.

As well as other stuff on their page.
I found it very informative, and worth reading.

But hey, that's just me, and I respect others are having an other angle at this, and just say that all info there is just [censored] and not worth reading.
Most of these people saying so, also give that statement after choosing NOT to read anything.....

Interesting.

"But due to unique colloidal technology used in SynLube™ Lube-4-Life® you still get mileage benefit that is 1.6% to 2% better than even SAE 5W-20 petroleum motor oils that are now used by OEM’s."

I KNEW it, magic is REAL! They use it in this oil.

Intersting they are using colloidal MoS2 instead of the latest and greatest soluable Moly additive. Also did I read they are using colloidal PTFE?

I also like this one: http://www.synlube.com/FOREVER2009.htm

This one is just an example, but other places at Synlubes homepage, there are lots of other info.
If you think he has an hidden agenda to sell LESS oil, by telling you that you don't need to change it so often, you are entitled to think so.
I can not see so much wrong about arguing against many old "facts" that has emerged, over the years.

Like the narrow-minded 3000 mile OCI.

If your last 3 vehicles went 300K each taht is 900k miles that means taht you have driven for 64 years and SAE 5W-20 was first made by Mobil 1 in 1972 wow so you are now in 2036, beam me up Scotty !!!

Originally Posted By: Ankhmaat
If your last 3 vehicles went 300K each taht is 900k miles that means taht you have driven for 64 years and SAE 5W-20 was first made by Mobil 1 in 1972 wow so you are now in 2036, beam me up Scotty !!!

M1 5-20 first came out in 74. I used it in 78.

CAR & DRIVER November 1972 Issue has MOBIL advertisement for
"Synthetic Engine Lubricant" they did not dare to call it "Motor Oil", and I doubt anyone knew what it was back then, the fact that it was SAE 5W-20 was not disclosed and other than the black square with gray "1" in it, there is not any Mobil 1 mention in the advertisement.

Apparently it was not national, as the Page on the bottom of it is numbered LA 4, so it was probably a regional insert into the magazine.

I have seen what Mobil 1 back then did to PORSCHE 911 and to HONDA 600 engines (both air cooled), I'd never put it into any car - the HONDA 600 crankshafts only lasted 18,000 on Mobil 1 and over 100,000 miles on "CASTROL GTX SAE 20W-50".

That was the difference !!!

Originally Posted By: levi
It is like if a virgin should try to tell a prostitute how to do her "job".

And that analogy makes you the....?

blush.gif

That is one of the best replies I have ever seen! By the way some of the people who support this Synlube stuff so much are some of the most obnoxious and rude people I have ever seen on this board or another board that I sometimes visit. I think I would not want to try Synlube just because of the sort of people who seem to be some of the strongest supporters of this stuff.

And I will believe a 73,000 kilometer (45,000 mile) oil change when I see it demonstrated and proven. And not until then. I will not take somebodys 'word' for it. And I most certainly will not take somebody's word for it when they like to hurl insults whenever anybody questions their claims.

That Synlube website looks like it was designed by some high school students who have no future in computer graphical design. I know of grade school students who could have done a better job.

As far as I personally feel-Synlube is a no buy unless and until they can prove to me otherwise. And the burden of proof is on them. I can go to Wal-Mart and buy some Pennzoil Ultra that I know meets specs and I know will work perfectly fine in my car engine. I don't need Synlube. They need me.

I am half inclined to buy some of this Synlube and have it tested and see just how many of the claims made at that website are actually true. Or perhaps the FTC might be interested in checking out the claims.

If you do not believe me that I have used it for 26 years, if you do not believe the tests that are on their web donbe by AAA (you can call the Lab in Diamond Bar and talk to anybody there they all know SynLube), if you do not believe the pictures of the real customers are real, you will never believe anything !

www.ftc.gov has NOTHING on SynLube, yet has fines and actiona against any company from SHELL, CASTROL, AMSOIL, SLICK 50, for false claims and faking the tests !

Sure you can fake test in a "independent lab" that remains ALWAYS nameless, SynLube tells ytou which lab did it, none of the other companies including MOBIL do - it is SECRET

It is sad that people get sold on hype and lies by "gigants" but when there is a small company that has honest people behind it it bust be a suspect since in USA it seams the way to go is to lie and deceive if you want to make "profit".

I have talked to Miro few times over the years and his answer is that he can afford to be honest since he is doing it as a hobby (no profit for him), apparently he is rich enough individual that does not even pay himself any wages, now compare that to CEO at shell that gets $2,000,000 bonus.

Now how much PROOF have you seen on any SHELL lubricant ?

I have not seen one vehicle or one owner that claimed he used it since day one and that his car is lasting "forever" ?

My 1979 FIAT X1/9 has over 170,000 miles now with just one oil change I think in 1988 @ about 90,000 miles.

It is 2010 today in case you did not notice and I jsut driven the car yesterday after being parked for months, bit of air into tires, quick charge at 10 A on battery and no problem - for me the fact I can not drive the car for days or months is the most important aspect of SynLube, the second that I do not need to even think about oil chages and I only check the oil on all my cars every 3 months, SynLube even sends me e-mail to remind me to do so. Did AMSOIL or MOBIL ever remind you to change "filter" or check you dipstick ?

They can not afford to be that receptive to theri customer base, once you buy theri product and they get your money you are totally forgotten about just grain of sand in theri customer base and not even a real person !!!

This is from FTC (SEARCH)

Your search - SynLube - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "SynLube".

Now try that one with Shell and you get 10 PAGES !!!

And you trust to Quaker State, Shell, Pennzoil ???

You apparently never looked !

Shell Oil Company and Shell Chemical Company, File No. 982 3107 ...... Affairs. Shell Oil Company and Shell Chemical Company,. File No. 982 3107 Docket
No. C-3912. January 7, 2000. Complaint; Decision & Order; ...
www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/c3912.shtm - 13k - Cached

In the Matter of Exxon Corporation, The Shell Petroleum Company ...... Affairs. In the Matter of Exxon Corporation, The Shell Petroleum Company Limited,
and Shell Oil Company. File No. 971 0007,. Docket No. C-3833. November 4, 1998 ...
www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/c3833.shtm - 12k - Cached
[More results from www.ftc.gov/os/caselist]

National Consumer Protection Week - Dewie's "Hard Shell" on ...... National Consumer Protection Week - Dewie's "Hard Shell" on Information Security.
Looking for a sign that winter may be coming to an end? ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/01/ncpwsamp.shtm - 15k - Cached

FTC Closes its Investigation of Shell Oil's Decision to Close ...... FTC Closes its Investigation of Shell Oil's Decision to Close Bakersfield, California,
Refinery. ... Related Documents: Shell Oil Company (Bakersfield), File No. ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/05/shellbakersfield.shtm - 16k - Cached

In the Matter of Buckeye Partners, LP, and Shell Oil Company... Affairs. In the Matter of Buckeye Partners, LP, and Shell Oil Company. FTC
File No. 041-0162. December 21, 2004. Complaint; Decision ...
www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0410162/0410162.shtm - 13k - Cached

Shell Oil Company and Texaco, Inc... Shell, Texaco To Divest Assets To Settle FTC Charges. Shell Oil ... the settlement.
Both Shell and Texaco own refineries in Puget Sound. ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/1997/12/shell.shtm - 21k - Cached

Montedison SpA and Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies... Montedison SpA and Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies. The Federal Trade
Commission has given final approval to a consent agreement ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/1995/06/montell2.shtm - 19k - Cached

Shell Oil Company (10/98)... Shell Oil Company to Divest Parts of Gas Pipeline System in Oklahoma and Texas
to Resolve FTC Competition Concerns over ANR Acquisition. ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/1998/10/shell.shtm - 18k - Cached

FTC Clears Buckeye Partners' $517 Million Purchase of Shell ...... FTC Clears Buckeye Partners' $517 Million Purchase of Shell Pipelines and Terminals. ...
For 2003, Shell reported total revenues of more than $268 billion. ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09/buckeye.shtm - 21k - Cached

FTC Clears Magellan's $492.4 Million Acquisition of Shell Assets... FTC Clears Magellan's $492.4 Million Acquisition of Shell Assets. To Preserve
Competition, Magellan Required to Divest Shell's Oklahoma City Terminal. ...
www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09/magellan.shtm - 22k - Cached
[More results from www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09]

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back