New headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced headlights on wifes Trailblazer with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. She really likes them, I have not drove since I installed them. But if she's happy I'm happy.

Better start saving for the next set when they blow in 6 months. Might want to keep a spare in the car for that eventuality.

Actually, from what I've read on here, el cheapo bulbs with a wiring harness to feed them properly seem to work better and last longer than SilverStars.

And if you can do HIR bulbs with a harness, OMG here comes the sun!

Enjoy!

I went to 2 different places to try to find the Toshiba HIR bulbs but had no luck and went with these.

I don't know about the Silverstar Ultras but I bought the originals a few years ago and one burned out after several months. GE Nighthawks are good.

Quote:
Better start saving for the next set when they blow in 6 months.

I've read/heard that several times, but I've never had that issue. All the SS's I've used have lasted for years. Maybe if the headlights are the 'always-on' type?
54.gif

On one of the lighting forums, people are consistently complaining on how their silverstar, and silverstar ultras fail so quickly. Even worse is when I called Sylvania and spoke to one of the lighting people that worked there he told me they aren't any brighter. So you are essentially paying two times the price for bulbs that are no more intense, and have a shorter life span. To compensate for the loss of light through the glass, they wing the filament tighter so it burns brighter, but that causes it to burn out quicker.

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Quote:

I've read/heard that several times, but I've never had that issue. All the SS's I've used have lasted for years. Maybe if the headlights are the 'always-on' type?
54.gif

Time will tell for me. I hope the $50 bulbs I just bought last longer than a few months.

Originally Posted By: hd2002
Originally Posted By: RWEST
Quote:

54.gif

Time will tell for me. I hope the $50 bulbs I just bought last longer than a few months.

iirc, the trailblazers uses the low beams as the DRLs--- so, by the calendar it lasts a few months, but in terms of life in hours, it may have met it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back