Multi-Fit Rims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a heck of a time finding after market rims for my 2007 Versa (15 in wheel). Nissan will sell them to me for $90.00 ea
shocked2.gif
. I manage to get the last two from WalMart for $54.00 but that was all they had. I found a place that sells a multi-fit rim for $68.00 which will fit on the Versa. Are there any problems or issues with this type of rim? I don't care about whether the hub cap fits back on since I was not going to use them anyway.
Thanks
Bry
08.gif

I think multifit means they leave the centring hole very large, but most cars have the tapered lug nuts so they centre the rim anyways. I assume the bolt pattern is 4x100mm which is super common and probably the offset is too, so you could find a set of older Accord alloys from a wrecker for less than $68 each. Call one up, they should be able to tell you which rims fit for sure, if not call another one. Heck I have a set of 15" alloy rims I want to get rid of,they even look pretty good! $120/4 Too bad you aren't closer.
Ian

Older accords (at least some of them) are 4x114 which can be the other four holes in those multi-fit rims. Oddly, hyundai likes 4x114 as well.

I got a saturn with nice looking but surely cheap aftermarket aluminum rims, one was bent, maybe cast bent, and had a wobble. Unlike factory rims there was no lip for crimp on weights so the wheel had sticky weights in the middle, super ugly.

What's your bolt pattern? 4x100 and the world is your oyster. Old saturn rims have a large 66mm center bore or so and will fit lugcentrically on anything smaller. $10 at the junkyard. I've run lugcentric before with no issues.

Do you just want cheapies/steelies for snow tires or????

4x114 is usually for mid size and larger car
4x100 is usually for compact and smaller car

Most of them have very common offset, it is the center hub "hole" size that can be a problem, as well as whether there is a place to snap the hub cap in.

If I were you I would look for used steel wheel (Rim is usually alloy wheel) on craigslist for the exact same car or chasis/manufacture to reduce chances of fitting problems.

Originally Posted By: Redneck53
I found a place that sells a multi-fit rim for $68.00 which will fit on the Versa. Are there any problems or issues with this type of rim?

They should include a matching set of centering rings with them so that the rims fit tightly over your hubs. You may also new a new set of lugbolts (or lugnuts), depending on what your OEM ones are (ball vs. cone seat). Again, a reputable wheel retailer will include these as well as the rings at no extra charge.

Quote:
I found a place that sells a multi-fit rim for $68.00 which will fit on the Versa.Are there any problems or issues with this type of rim?

Shouldn't have any problems. Multi-fit typically means two sets of lug holes , each obviously with its own bolt circle. Unlike uni-fit (ie: old cragars) that had a slotted hole and you needed to use plates (plate which fit in the slot and had a hole strategically placed to fit a particular bolt circle) and special lug nuts to hold them on.

I'll assume you've been to Canadian tire, if not, they carry the same "winter" wheels as Walmart (kelsey-hayes).

Alex.

Make sure to get four of the same wheels from the same manufacturer. You don't want differing offsets. The ones from Nissan would be the best, since they'd have the original offset and the correct hub center, but the aftermarket ones should work fine.

Multi-fit may mean two sets of lug holes, but I think it can also describe wheels with only one set of lug holes that can fit many different vehicles by using a larger hub center and less offset than most OEM wheels of the same width, diameter, and bolt pattern. This is what Can Tire, WalMart, and most tire shops sell.

A Versa has 4x114.3mm bolt pattern

Most 4 bolt wheels are either:
4x100mm or 4x114.3mm

The Ford Focus, Contour, Mercury Cougar, Topaz and some other Ford vehicles use the less common 4x108mm pattern. SAABs also used the 4x108 pattern.

And if you ever come across a Yugo it has a 4x98mm pattern.

I picked up the Multi-Fit from GoldWing on Colonade (Ottawa). These guys deal only in tires and wheels and seem to have their $hit together. The tech assured me that there would be no issues with these rims. They take the same lug nuts as I have now and the hub center would not be a problem since this wheel is made for a specific set car models with similar hub specifications. He also assured me that there would be no problem with the balancing weights. Hope he is right since I hate getting into [censored]' contests over someone's gurantee. I will let you know when I get back from my next road trip.

Cheers,

Bry

Yup. That is the correct pattern.
Got them put on today. My mechanic says they fit quite well. Had em out for a test drive.....not too bad. Not much noise and not bumpy at all. So far so good. No snow yet though...
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back