Vegemite is again available in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
What happened to the Promite you used to eat?

came out the other end
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Breakfast idea for mori.

Toast a piece of bread one one side, smear with vegemite, cover vege with thinly sliced cheese and grill...I have it a few times a week...yum.

What kind of cheese works best? If I eat something like Swiss (Emmentaler), I don't want to overpower its taste. I suppose a fairly bland cheese like mozarella would work well?

Usually use an early cheddar/tasty in local parlance. An aged cheddar works fine too, but one in the middle seems not so great...kraft cheddar (found on the shelves, not the fridge) is hurlseville.

god bless vegemite.
mori you can get it in 900g jars here (i think) - 2 pounds.

Have it at least every second day thick as h.e.c.k on toast.

IT is made from yeast after the beer brewing process. ain't beer grand.

And when **** Smith started looking at making a competitor for the now foreign owned vegemite, vegemite, in true competetive spirit tried to force the breweries into exclusive supplier arrangements against the Trades Practices act.

I bought a jar last night at the otherwise empty Cost Plus World Imports. Had it on my sprouted grain bread this AM. Thin. Good gawd I'm awake today. On my 5th liter of water.

You were, or it was ?

I guess none of you lick the knife after spreading vege on things ?

At Uni, it was a desert spoon and a big glass of water before bed after a big night out.

Uh, I don't know what you are talking about!
wink.gif

I always lick the knife. I also drag the edge over my tongue -- mostly to horrify my better half. My public manners are better.

The only comparably "tasty" thing I eat with a spoon is horseradish.

Well with that salt load - much water intake required!

Kids smelled it and nearly yacked. I spent 10 minutes trying to explain why I was eating the stuff, finally gave up and said "Because mori recommends it and he's German"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back