Neo gear oil 75W90HD/RHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen outstanding users reviews especially when it comes to manual transmission shift quality. I know its based on diesters basestock but that's it. Company claim - their oil outperforms most synthetic oils on the market today.. Can anyone shed some light on it?

It's been around for a long time and was revolutionary in road racing when introduced in the late eighties.
Not sure I'd use RHD in a synchro gearbox, my understanding it was designed around maximising CWP (ring and pinion in US speak) life in dog box transaxles. I was always led to believe 75-90HD was a better road car gearbox lube, but I haven't used NEO for years and the blending would have changed substantially in that time, I would think.

The problem is that their website absolutely useless in terms of technical data. It so primitive looking even ten years old can do better.. Here what've found so far but it could be bogus info since it copy/paste from one of their dealers website.

NEO RPS 75W-90 HD Gear Lube is a heavy duty 100% Diester based multi-viscosity lubricant - developed for long life, extreme pressure, corrosive and shock load wear. NEO RPS 75W-90HD meets and far exceeds the following specifications:

~ API: GL-2 Through GL-5 and GL-6
~ MILITARY: MIL-PRF-2105E
~ MACK: GO-H and GO-J (Pass)
~ CRC: L60-1 and L37 (Inhouse Test - Pass)

New Vehicle Warranty
The use of NEO products will not void new vehicle warranties. The warranties on new vehicles are based on using oil that meets the specific API service classification and SAE viscosity grade. NEO Oil Company meets and exceeds current API, SAE and Military classification for use in any vehicle stipulating these requirements.

Changing to NEO lubricants New Drivetrain: Requires no break in period.

Service Life
Personal Vehicle: This is a life time fill.
Motor Sport Application: Drain as per OEM recommondation or use oil analysis for extended drain intervals.
Commerical Vehicles: Use vehicle manfacturer's extended drain interval recommendations or up to 6 times longer
than vehicle manfacturer's normal drain interval recommondation.
Commerical Equipment: Use equipment manfacturer's extended drain interval recommendations or up to 6 times longer than equipment manfacturer's normal drain interval recommondation.
Plant Equipment: Use oil analysis for extended drain intervals. Service Life: Can be further extended if oil analysised findings support further extended drain intervals.

De-Tuning of Gear Lube for LSD
NEO Gear lubes are designed for racing transmissions / LSD assembly's. The gear lube is designed to limit the slip of the LSD. In isolated cases were the gear lube is limiting the slip of the differentials too much, you need to contact NEO to obtain an additive to increase the slip in the LSD. This is the fine tuning or de-tuning of the gear lube.

* Recommended for PAR billet gearsets and clutch type LSD units

Their older website had better data.
New website is vague and doesn't have a complete list of products like before(or certain products aren't available anymore).

They also don't have a good distribution chain.

HD- GL5 usage--just about anything including GL4 manual trannies
RHD-GL5 usage excluding syncro'd manuals

Gotta love finetuning/detuning!!!! I guess I've been doing that for years. Use only enough LSD additive to eliminate diff chatter/shudder/grabbiness/noise.

Gotta get a new sign made: "Limited Slips de-tuned and fine-tuned here".

I just put 75W90HD in my Mazda6 -V6 5 speed synchro and I LOVE it.
Smooth luxurious shifts. No notchiness. even allows to shift to 1st while coming to stop ~5mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back