For Honda S2000 which Motul 300V viscosity grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I have MY03 Honda S2000. I drive only in summer and i like the trackdays. Which is the best Motul 300V for my car? I think 5W40 or 10W40. The manual says 10W30, or if the temperature below -20C 5W40. What do You think guys?
dunno.gif

I'd use one of their 30wts. I think the Honda engine's would respond better to a 30wt oil. Have you thought of using Synergyn 3w-30? This would be my choice. It's loaded with anti-wear additives.

Sorry just noticed your located in Hungary and probably only have access to Motul.

Hi,

I'm using the 5w-30 in my Nissan 200sx turbo. My son has a highly modded earlier version and is using same or mixed with some 10w-40.

I've stayed away from the 5w-40 as it is somehow different. It can't be mixed with any of the others in the 300v range.

Thank You for answer!

In Europe the 10W30 visc. grade is not avaiable. (We have only Pennzoil 10W30 petroleum based ****
smile.gif
I think Motul 300V is the best for this high temperature and performance engine. What is the better for summer track/street driving: 5W40 or 10W40?

quote:

I clicked on the above link (synergyn), and the specs on flash point's are nothing to brag about, as is the pour point for the 3w30.

No, but the oil is very good in many other ways.

Hi.
10w-40 is the best for track.Less spread better for racing motors.Lots of cold starts in minus temperature then 5w-40 will be better.

quote:

Originally posted by theguru:
[QB

I've stayed away from the 5w-40 as it is somehow different. It can't be mixed with any of the others in the 300v range. [/QB]

I believe this is because the 5W-40 was designed to be a biodegrable ester oil so assumingly it would loose its 'biodegradability' status when mixed with others...

Spread = Difference between Summer Rating and Winter Rating.

He is talking about the amount of VII (Viscosity Index Improvers) required to make a 5W-40 Oil vs a 10W-40. All else being equal the 5W-40 will have more VII. It is more likely to shear down.

Gene

I could be wrong but I didn't think that the "spread" was so important with synthetic oils. It was mainly dino oils with a lot of VIs to give the spread that caused the issues. Synthetics need little or none VI to achieve the "spread".

quote:

Originally posted by drive it forever:
I clicked on the above link (synergyn), and the specs on flash point's are nothing to brag about, as is the pour point for the 3w30.

I take it that is how you judge performance of an oil ?

I judge it by running it in my car . 8600 miles to be exact in a 3quart motor then send it to the lab I use . Then another 5500 miles and test . Then switch everything I own to it
cool.gif

Nahe vollkommenem Bewegungsöl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back