Zerex Asian Coolant Users ?

I’m getting ready to change the coolant in my Scion. Walmart has the 50-50 but AutoZone had the concentrate. This may be one of the few times buying from AutoZone ended up being cheaper since it holds 1.5 gallons.

LOL they are all the same. Japanese car/Asian car red/blue/whatever. Its just a color. I mix and match whatever and never had an issue since the 90's.

LOL they are all the same. Japanese car/Asian car red/blue/whatever. Its just a color. I mix and match whatever and never had an issue since the 90's.
LOL from your list of cars, you don't seem to keep them long enough to develop an issue. You could add a bottle of Dom Pérignon to the radiator and it would probably run just fine for a few years too.

Don't LOL at stuff you do not understand. There are different formulas of coolants, mainly P-HOAT, HOAT and OAT, so far less than the colors may suggest, but they are still different formulas. P-HOAT/HOAT and OAT do not mix well.

LOL from your list of cars, you don't seem to keep them long enough to develop an issue. You could add a bottle of Dom Pérignon to the radiator and it would probably run just fine for a few years too.
My last car (2011 camry) ran to 200k miles without issues.
My wife's last car (2008 corolla) ran past that and probably didn't even have a coolant change.
So you tell me mate.

My last car (2011 camry) ran to 200k miles without issues.
My wife's last car (2008 corolla) ran past that and probably didn't even have a coolant change.
So you tell me mate.
Many coolants made in the last 10-20 years are rated to 150,000 miles on the conservative side, so 200k isn't a stretch. It's when you start mixing formulas that problems develop. Now toss another shrimp on the barbie for me, mate.

Many coolants made in the last 10-20 years are rated to 150,000 miles on the conservative side, so 200k isn't a stretch. It's when you start mixing formulas that problems develop. Now toss another shrimp on the barbie for me, mate.
I mixed asian coolant colors all the time with zero issues for long periods of time.
They are THE SAME.
Hilarious that people argue there is one when even on their website...they are the same...all there to simply make people think they need something super special and you can "only get it from us".

Attachments

• 81UCVeAXhkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81UCVeAXhkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 81zzYC5tcsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81zzYC5tcsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 31
I mixed asian coolant colors all the time with zero issues for long periods of time.
They are THE SAME.
You mixed ZEREX Asian red and ZEREX Asian blue together. Yes those two specific mixes are the same. You can see it in the SDS. You weren't specific in your first post.

Are they the same as PEEK Asian or good old Prestone - nope. Different formula's.

You mixed ZEREX Asian red and ZEREX Asian blue together. Yes those two specific mixes are the same. You can see it in the SDS. You weren't specific in your first post.

Are they the same as PEEK Asian or good old Prestone - nope. Different formula's.
Read the OP...

I can read. Apparently you can not. Where here does it say you mixed specifically Zerex red and blue.
2017 Hyundai Sonata came from the factory "blue" color coolant ... OAT , HOAT , etc. I'm not sure about that but the Zerex Asian for Hyundai is blue in color and should work ... Not taking a chance with Prestone all makes & all models stuff - your thoughts on the Zerex Asian for Hyundai coolant ?

no...you couldn't read...unfortunate.

LOL
Zero difference.

Attachments

• 81KJFPbf4GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81KJFPbf4GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 81MZvf5Qa+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81MZvf5Qa+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 81UCVeAXhkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81UCVeAXhkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 81zzYC5tcsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81zzYC5tcsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 26
What do you get when you mix red and blue anyway? Purple? If I saw purple coolant in a car I was looking at buying instead of the factory original color coolant, I'd think twice about it.

Have changed the coolant about 6 or 7 times based on MM. Bought Zerex Blue on sale. IMHO....changing on a regular basis is better than try to do multi D&F at one time. Lots of effort and the longer it goes between a service the more wear and tear along with breakdown of both fluid and gasket/seals can occur. Many CVT owners try this exact same mindset method but it's still better to maintain any part of your vehicle that takes a fluid from the get go as you can't undo wear and tear that has already been done.

Zerex Asian is phosphated OAT (PHOAT) which would be the correct chemistry as most Japanese/Korean manufactures seem to utilise PHOAT as the OEM fill.

Scroll down for comparisons . Post #15 + 16 .

Back