Youtube Video Ideas (Entertainment).

Keeping this car and engine related.. and ENTERTAINING..

We have all seen people do crazy stuff, piston soaks, seafoams, modifications, snake oils etc.

What would you like to see that may or may not have been done already?

Here are 6 things that i would like (love) to see-

1) 20w50 in a Prius. What if anything will happen? MPG suffer? Engine run worse? No prius owner would ever do it... it would make them cringe.

2) 0w20 in a Harley. What if anything will happen? No Harley owner would ever do it...cringe.

3) Boroscope of combustion chamber that has only seen the cheapest gas no additives... versus a Boroscope of an engine that has only seen top tier and high dollar addtives. vs. Boroscope of an engine that has only seen E85

4) Valve cover removal of engine that has only seen quiky lube oil changes when the light comes on, versus valve cover removal of an engine that has only seen top tier synthetics and filters changed at less intervals.

5) A video of a red blooded BITOG that has only used the best oil and filters and top tier gas for the life of their vehicle... then running one interval of Supertech oil and filter along with the cheapest gas. Did he sleep at night? How was his anxiety? Did his engine make noises? Was it louder? How many MPG did he lose? How bad does he need a UOA to see the damage that was done? What will he do to fix the damage done by the cheap oil and cheap gas?

6) 0w20 in a diesel truck and towing.

Would you like to see any of these? What else would be entertaining??

Nope, not that stuff.
Do you have a YT page?

I like PROPER tuneups on Antique cars,

How to set up a distributor properly,

How to jet Holley and Carter AFB/AVS clones for lean and mean.

and various DIY repairs and maintenance on popular and not so popular cars - like brake jobs and CV replacement.

I would d LOVE to see a video from an Alignment expert why most garages FAIL to do proper alignments.

- Ken

I like the old Bud Lindemann road tests from the late sixties through the mid 70's. Check them out if you want to see what the real numbers were on many muscle cars of the sixties, and what real dogs many of the cars in the seventies were.

Here's an example of a Chevrolet Impala 396ci 2 bbl what a turd.

Last edited:
The problem with many Utube videos is they are done by many people not thoroughly informed about Tribology, and therefore are not really educational.

Many Utube producers are unfortunately out there just to see how many hits they can get.

Not interested in those videos. The most annoying thing with these YouTubers IMO is all the fluff etc first 30 seconds asks you to like this and smash that and blah blah blah. You get about 10 pct of the video that's useful. The rest is garbage you need to sift through.

The most popular ones online seems to be with beautiful ladies, cooking techniques, exotic cars review, comedies, crafts and arts, how to make money or reduce expenses / taxes, sports, video games, etc. These ideas are not mutually exclusive.

@PandaBear tell me about it. There's a guy by me that has a Youtube channel who talks a lot of BS on as you say Exotic cars and he knows practically nothing. But he makes enough money off his channel with videos that he can drive an AMG 6.3, Ferarri and get his wife a new Ford Raptor last year. Not bad work if you can get it. I guess if you have the gift of Gab make the most of it.

@PandaBear tell me about it. There's a guy by me that has a Youtube channel who talks a lot of BS on as you say Exotic cars and he knows practically nothing. But he makes enough money off his channel with videos that he can drive an AMG 6.3, Ferarri and get his wife a new Ford Raptor last year. Not bad work if you can get it. I guess if you have the gift of Gab make the most of it.
You can "rent" those cars for your video as production cost, or write off the car lease expense off your video income. I know a guy who talk about investment products at his wedding so he can write off his wedding expense as marketing expense off his side business......

Here's an example of a Chevrolet Impala 396ci 2 bbl what a turd.
What did you expect? It is not a muscle car, it's a family car. It just need enough torque at low rpm to haul the whole family around at times. Yes a 396 in that state of tune is a boat anchor; I'm sure a 350 2bbl would have suffice.

I have a touch-point having spent much time in the 70's in a well tuned 1967 Chevelle SS396 with a M21 beined it. I added a 800 CFM Cadillac Q-jet and big tube headers. Yes it went dang good,

Back