YouTube (and presumably other videos)

I used Google and copy & pasted the below content:

You can turn off the auto-play setting to prevent videos from auto-playing in any of the native Apple apps, including Safari.
  1. Start the Settings app.
  2. Tap "Accessibility."
  3. Tap "Motion."
  4. On the Motion page, turn off "Auto-Play Video Previews" by swiping the button to the left.

I was about to say, I can be a fairly media-savvy poster and sometimes post YouTube videos. My first thought was perhaps about the frequency of such.

I can see that wasnt the issue here, but, if there is issue with how much I post media posts, I can assure you that I will be mindful, thoughtful, and respectful, so that there is no problem.

I'm really not sure what is going on with this but it is a pain in the rear end on mobile. I have no objection to people posting you tube video nor is this about one particular person.

But it is nearly impossible to scroll a tread that has embedded video without it playing, it is possible that i'm inadvertently clicking on the video trying to scroll but if so theres something messed up with the margins or something because i can scroll perfectly well without inadvertently clicking links or anything except video.

Anyhow ...

Last edited:
Back