Your "Command Center"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see it! Here is mine, complete with the new H/K Soundsticks, which are AWESOMENESS so far. And yes, I've paid for most everything here, less the tower (though I've upgraded a lot), the modem and router.

Also in the picture:
Computer- NZXT Alpha Case
Monitor: LG Flatron W2240T
Printer: Canon MP640R
Cable Modem: Motorola Surfboard
Router: Cisco Linksys E1000
External HDD: Western Digital Mybook Elite 1TB (next to printer), and old Seagate FreeAgent Go 160GB (on desk)
Keyboard: Logitech Wired Illuminated
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Wired Gaming Mouse

You can also see my last few cell phones, a Samsung Blackjack, Samsung Eternity, Samsung Impression (I like Samsung phones), and my current Solstice, along with wallet and keys. Saitek AV8R joystick in the corner, my Relic wristwatch.

DSC05256.jpg

DSC05257.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05268.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

DSC05269.jpg

DSC05263.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05261.jpg

Last edited:
Cooler Master HAF932 computer case.
Primary monitor is a NEC MultiSync 2470WNX 24" @ 1900x1200
Secondary is a Envision 15" @ 1280x1024
Laptop on top of the Envision is a ASUS Eeepc 1000HE running Gentoo Linux with XFCE.
Laptop to the right is a Dell XPS M1330, also running Gentoo Linux with KDE. This one is linked to the desktop system via a program called Synergy. The mouse keeps going off the edge of the right screen and ends up on the laptop. I can also do this with the Eee except going up. :p
controlcenter.jpg

Taken while I had my Saitek lighted keyboard apart to clean it.

Last edited:
Here is my mobile command center, I tend to use the laptop more since the desktop is not in my room. Its a HP Pavilion dv5220, nothing really fancy. I have not upgraded anything on this computer since I bought it around 2005. I'll post up a picture of my desktop computer later.

hplaptop11410.jpg

Not exactly. Those two Mobil 1 bottles and that strange looking Mobil 1 can are banks. The can of TORCO Racing Oil if a full can as are the small bottles of Pennzoil 2-cycle oil. The little Pennzoil can on top of the TORCO can is also a bank, as is the little red/yellow can you cannot see which is a Schaeffer's bank.

Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
Here is my mobile command center, I tend to use the laptop more since the desktop is not in my room. Its a HP Pavilion dv5220, nothing really fancy. I have not upgraded anything on this computer since I bought it around 2005. I'll post up a picture of my desktop computer later.

hplaptop11410.jpg

My dad and I used to have a couple of desk lamps like the one you have on your desk, only an older version from the 1970's....but they looked similar!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128

hplaptop11410.jpg

My dad and I used to have a couple of desk lamps like the one you have on your desk, only an older version from the 1970's....but they looked similar!

I also have another lamp in the house similar to this one. Both use a 15watt T8 fluorescent tube. To turn it on you have to hold the on switch for a while then let go, so I suppose it has the old preheat ballast. I'm not sure how old those lamps are since these were bought before I was born, I'm guessing its from the early 80s. I'm surprised it still works, I don't think you can find anything like this anymore.

110710017.jpg

110710020.jpg

And one of the simplest pleasures in life, a 20 year old IBM "Model M" keyboard, made in the USA. It is an absolute tank, but it is the best keyboard that I've ever owned...

110810002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.