Your 1974 Style RV Awaits

Poking around the net tonight, stumbled across this BAT auction.

Said to be 1 of 3, I have never seen ANYTHING scream 'I AM THE 70's!!' any louder than this thing.

Youtube Tour, it looks like a good bit of the thing still functions.

From what I can find on that poor ol 391 it looks like 235hp @ 4000 rpm and 372lbs @ 2000 RPM. I'm sure a few have escaped the barn since then, but I'll bet it was a chore to make any kind of speedy time in it.

Last edited:
That thing is awesome, except for the powertrain. Going up a mountain grade would be dreadful! Put in a C-Series Cummins diesel. Or some Detroit 8V-92 iron would keep the 70s theme going!

Poking around the net tonight, stumbled across this BAT auction.

Said to be 1 of 3, I have never seen ANYTHING scream 'I AM THE 70's!!' any louder than this thing.

Youtube Tour, it looks like a good bit of the thing still functions.

From what I can find on that poor ol 391 it looks like 235hp @ 4000 rpm and 372lbs @ 2000 RPM. I'm sure a few have escaped the barn since then, but I'll bet it was a chore to make any kind of speedy time in it.

Is that a 70's mullet?

I always wanted one of those old Ford COEs. I remember Roadway used to run a lot of them, with a vertical exhaust and a metal flapper on the top.

We have that exact casserole dish seen at 0:13, I just checked. No avacado colored appliances though. :oops: :ROFLMAO:
Lol, I have one too. Been handed down a few generations. Those things must have been super popular in the 70's, I remember both my grandparents having them, mom had a set that I now have the one remaining unbroken one of. Family holiday dinners ALWAYS featured multiple versions of them.

Back