Yellowstone Caldera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a photo of this Planet X. Can't your friends snap a shot through their scope? Better yet, tell them to give you the coordinates for it and I'll have my friend, the astronomer (who also lives in Florida) take one and we'll post it here....

That's not a picture of Yellowstone, do you see any roads, rivers, or trees?

Not saying Yellowstone isn't a caldera, but it is much bigger than the volcano in your picture.

Originally Posted By: Zedhed
OP:

That is a picture of the La Garita Caldera in Colorada, please verify before posting.

not according to the image info as listed by the USGS
54.gif

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Imgs/Jpg/Aniakchak/dds40-039_large.jpg

Aniakchak

Originally Posted By: crinkles
Originally Posted By: Panzerman

Now according to my friends in Pa with the telescopes they can see the planet now, I can guarantee the goverment will not talk about this to avoid mass panic.

gimmme some of what they're drinking...

Drink a bottle of Vodka and look at the sky through the bottle, it's there I tell you.

By summer you will be able to see it with beer goggles.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: crinkles

Now according to my friends in Pa with the telescopes they can see the planet now, I can guarantee the goverment will not talk about this to avoid mass panic.

gimmme some of what they're drinking...

Drink a bottle of Vodka and look at the sky through the bottle, it's there I tell you.

..and if at first you don't succeed ..try ..try again (hiccup!)

The Wikipedia page on Mount Aniakchak can take you to the Google maps location. It's in the string of land that runs into the Aleutian Islands and due to the way they were formed is the sort of place you'd expect a giant caldera like that.

Remember the Green comet last year. Do a little research on what gave it the green color. Then, see how this would affect the earth if a piece or pieces of it or another remnant following it were to strike the oceans. The effects would certainly qualify as Wormwood.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
OP:

That is a picture of the La Garita Caldera in Colorada, please verify before posting.

54.gif

Aniakchak

Then, the USGS site is wrong... Do a search for La Garita caldera and this image comes up.

Last edited:
OP:

54.gif

Aniakchak

Then, the USGS site is wrong... Do a search for La Garita caldera and this image comes up.

Sure. Google images gives you everything with caldera in it.

This site that sports the same USGS image info that I referenced.

Now if you look HERE you'll see where it is.

I even tried google maps with the sat image and find no such formation in the Rio Grande National Forest ..which is where you are if you put "La Garita Caldera" into google maps.

That image ..nor anything resembling it, appears here with a USGS survey

http://pubs.usgs.gov/imap/i2799/photos.html

Know what really makes me mad, Ive been buying guns and ammo for 15 years for the impending Zombie Outbreak and now something like this comes along. Bummer.

Aye, I've picked up quite a few battle ready samurai and ninja swords for some close range Zombie combat. Guns and ammo are good, but when you run out of ammo what are you left with? Granted with either option if you have 1000's of Zombie's to contend with it's not going to help unless you have napalm...*/calls a Tactical Supply store.

Quote:
Exactly how would you force Magna releases.

Well, there are places that appear to be managing ..for the time being ... albeit naturally, like Hawaii. They appear to be adding real estate on a regular basis. While an occasional neighborhood gets paved over in lava, the place hasn't sank or blown its top recently.

..but how would I force a magma release? That probably wouldn't be too hard in a place already prone to such things anyway.

Actually, one of Hawaii's islands Oahu literally lost 3/4 of its original mass in a huge landslide. Remnants of the island are shown underneath the ocean. The lava contains high composition of iron, the iron is exposed to rain and other elements and turns into a rusty material. Overtime the corrosion caused a massive erosion effect to occur causing sheets of land to just break apart and slide into the ocean, these caused Tsunami's to hit several regions on the US and Malaysian islands.

Quote:
Actually, one of Hawaii's islands Oahu literally lost 3/4 of its original mass in a huge landslide.

Is it actively producing above surface lava? I expect not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back